News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Kayvon Thibodeaux AND Evan Neal should there be concern?

Started by brownelvis54, September 10, 2023, 10:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownelvis54

Early. Yes, I get it, but where they were drafted, should there be concern?
The KING is in the building

Trench

I have concerns yes. Especially with not playing hard each down which tonight I am seeing Thibs do!

JT39

Very much so. Neal moreso since Thibs at least flashed last year.

People can mock me for saying Schoen deserves a lot of heat but let's look at today

Jones has been awful - got a big contract
Neal and Thibs - both have been awful
The OL as a unit - still stinks

These are the things tied to Schoen.

MagicRat

Yes, concerned.

They've both been well, well short tonight.
Smell my cheese you mother!

sooners56

Absolutely! Busts so far based on where they were drafted and the return so far
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

True Blue

Every single player stinks today, too early to single any one player out

MagicRat

Quote from: True Blue on September 10, 2023, 10:32:10 PMEvery single player stinks today, too early to single any one player out
That's true, but these are round one picks.
In their, theoretically,  breakout sophomore years.

And they were both right off it tonight.

True Blue

Quote from: MagicRat on September 10, 2023, 10:36:02 PMThat's true, but these are round one picks.
In their, theoretically,  breakout sophomore years.

And they were both right off it tonight.

Daniel Jones, Saquon, Dex, and Bank are all first rounders too, no one is playing well. Relax

DaveBrown74

Quote from: brownelvis54 on September 10, 2023, 10:13:03 PMEarly. Yes, I get it, but where they were drafted, should there be concern?

Yes, absolutely.

Especially Neal, who has NEVER looked good for us. Thibodeaux at least elevated his game late last season and showed significant improvement. Thomas did that in his rookie season as well. Neal failed to. I don't think it's a great sign when you're talking about that high of a pick who is playing at as low of a level as he did last year. You're looking for a little bit of improvement in the final 5-6 games, and we just did not get that. He was awful all year, and he has looked awful tonight. It's clearly a big concern at this point.

MagicRat

Quote from: True Blue on September 10, 2023, 10:37:08 PMDaniel Jones, Saquon, Dex, and Bank are all first rounders too, no one is playing well. Relax
Trust me, I am WAY more relaxed than I should be in Q3 of a home opener against them.

Yes, everyone has sucked, but the lack of a spark from these two, in their specific circumstances,  is a worry.

Philosophers

Trench

Thibs doesn't seem to have the strength to consistently overpower OT

nicky1000

Quote from: Trench on September 10, 2023, 11:23:18 PMThibs doesn't seem to have the strength to consistently overpower OT

Does Thibs line up in 3 pt stance? Feels like I saw him do that a lot. He should be stand like an end like LT did. Use his speed vs try to bullrush.

spiderblue43

The whole team stunk worse than the Staten Island dump. It's totally unacceptable to shrug this one off.

Can our heroes even recover in time  for Arizona? I'm not so sure. Daboll is usually steady but this should remove any delusions of grandeur.Feel bad for the fans sitting through that travesty. Giants choked on the bit out of the gate.Week 2 is now a must-win with what I saw of the Niners coming.

Jaime

Our HC needs to take some heat.  His game plan got exposed after not being able to rally the troops, after the fumble started things going the wrong way.
Neal was a revolving door. We need to bench him. Do we have a viable replacement?
Thibbo is far from a difference maker. Zero impact by that dude.