News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Kayvon Thibodeaux AND Evan Neal should there be concern?

Started by brownelvis54, September 10, 2023, 10:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Could say the same thing about the entire roster
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

londonblue

It is very hard to play well when everything around you is falling apart. Having said that your R1 picks are the guys you want to hang your hat on to keep up a certain minimum standard. Right now Neal looks like an UDFA and Thibs a so-so day two pick. There is only one way to change that perception and it is up to them to do it.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: londonblue on September 11, 2023, 05:53:13 AMIt is very hard to play well when everything around you is falling apart.

Agree in principle. However, it is times like those where you expect your primary team leaders to step up and act like leaders. Not have a cowed, bewildered look on their faces while sitting off by themselves on the sidelines saying nothing.

RelaxTension

I took a lot of BS from some fans out here when I complained about how little they did with the oline this off season especially not bringing in a vet Tackle to compete with Neal. The same can be said about the guards also!

The Chefs had two new Tackles playing on Thursday night so it could've been accomplished.

With the Thomas injury this season could be over pretty fast.
It will be interesting how the coaches handle this moving forward.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

4 Aces

The deeper problem is potentially a Joe Schoen concern.

As the results roll in, Thibs & Neal look like bad top 10 picks. Wan'dale Robinson has a skillset they probably could've found whenever they wanted in the draft or even UDFA, and the 2 3rd rounds picks (Ezeudu and Flott) look like flops so far too.

And now, this year, Schmitz looked bad in his first game and Hyatt with the dropsies.

Banks actually looks like a 1st round pick. That's about all you can say.

With his free agent signings and decision making, it looks average at best. Glowinski was a bad signing, he had zero interest in bringing back Gates who looks excellent at C for Washington, and he chose to "run in back" with an OL that got abused last year.

Symphony Steve

Time out.  Many of us have gone from canonizing Daboll and Schoen to throwing them off, or to, the (Staten) Island.

I thought Daboll did an excellent job last year in finding ways to finish off close games.  A sign of a good coach.  I think we may have overestimated the brilliance of Schoen.  But it's a small sample size. 

I think they stomp the Cardinals next week.

Ed Vette

Thibs better look to develop a few more moves instead of his brand. Otherwise in a couple of years he will be doing snow angels in January.

Neal may wind up at LT this week if Thomas can't go. It's his natural position and Peart as bad as he is is much better at the right side.

And yes, I'm concerned about them and Ojulari.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: Symphony Steve on September 11, 2023, 08:13:27 AMTime out.  Many of us have gone from canonizing Daboll and Schoen to throwing them off, or to, the (Staten) Island.

I thought Daboll did an excellent job last year in finding ways to finish off close games.  A sign of a good coach.  I think we may have overestimated the brilliance of Schoen.  But it's a small sample size. 

I think they stomp the Cardinals next week.

I thought the same; implicitly stating Joe judge was a better HC than last years literal CoY is the epitome of fanatical fandom. I continue to be amused by the notion that coaching is equal to talent; it's not.  The reason the giants lost last night is not rocket science. They continue to get embarrassed by the Girls and Eagles because they have less talent.  Coaching is not going to consistently overcome that fundamental truth...just ask Lil Bill.

Thibs enjoyed a good rookie year; he struggled against a future HoF last night; but, I got news for you, so did sexy Dex. He was non-existent against Martin.  Thibs will be fine; however, Neil is concerning

Bob In PA

About number five... I'm not worried yet... we don't know what his primary responsibilities were last night... he may have been told that job-one was to set the edge and worry about getting to the QB second. There will be games when stopping the run is not a primary concern & he'll be asked to put getting up-field first.

About Neal... I saw a lot of evidence last night that he's still not diagnosing stunts and blitzes very well. As for improving his run-blocking... they got so far behind so fast they really didn't have a chance to feature him leading the way for run-plays to his side of the formation.

I think next week we'll see both players asked to do different things than last night... so then we'll have a lot more evidence to consider.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Rambo89

Quote from: 4 Aces on September 11, 2023, 08:01:41 AMThe deeper problem is potentially a Joe Schoen concern.

As the results roll in, Thibs & Neal look like bad top 10 picks. Wan'dale Robinson has a skillset they probably could've found whenever they wanted in the draft or even UDFA, and the 2 3rd rounds picks (Ezeudu and Flott) look like flops so far too.

And now, this year, Schmitz looked bad in his first game and Hyatt with the dropsies.

Banks actually looks like a 1st round pick. That's about all you can say.

With his free agent signings and decision making, it looks average at best. Glowinski was a bad signing, he had zero interest in bringing back Gates who looks excellent at C for Washington, and he chose to "run in back" with an OL that got abused last year.

This is year 2.  Do we understand that the mess John Mara and Gettleman left him is going to take years to fix not just one or even two years?

AYM

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 11, 2023, 08:44:14 AMThis is year 2.  Do we understand that the mess John Mara and Gettleman left him is going to take years to fix not just one or even two years?

Sure but the individual players he picked high in the draft should be showing more. Based on their play, Thibodeaux is just okay and Neal is a practice squad guy.

Rambo89

Quote from: AYM on September 11, 2023, 11:34:12 AMSure but the individual players he picked high in the draft should be showing more. Based on their play, Thibodeaux is just okay and Neal is a practice squad guy.

If Neal ends up at Guard and flourishes there does that change things?

AYM

Rambo89

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building