News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Can for Caleb? Fail for Fashanu? Veil for Verse

Started by JT39, September 17, 2023, 04:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT39

What should be the slogan for the rest of the year?

AYM

Does it matter? We took Thibodeaux and Neal and turned them into busts. Does it matter who we'd pick? We'd just turn them into garbage too.

There are far deeper problems at play here.

JT39

If we do get the first pick. Fire the coaches and the GM. Don't even waste time.

Draft Williams. Bring in Lincoln Riley to coach him for familiarity. And start over.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on September 17, 2023, 05:18:47 PMIf we do get the first pick. Fire the coaches and the GM. Don't even waste time.

Draft Williams. Bring in Lincoln Riley to coach him for familiarity. And start over.

How has bringing career college coaches to the NFL worked for, oh I don't know, the last 35 years?

MagicRat

Smell my cheese you mother!

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 17, 2023, 05:37:02 PMHow has bringing career college coaches to the NFL worked for, oh I don't know, the last 35 years?

Our trend of hiring prestige assistants lately hasn't been that great either.

JT39

Quote from: True Blue on September 17, 2023, 06:22:59 PMI don't think Judge and probably even Shurmur are exactly "prestige assistants"

If Daboll doesn't work out in the end (I think he will), he would have been this regimes first Head Coach attempt

Shurmur was an extremely hot name after the Vikings made a run with Cade Keenan to the NFC championship game. I believe he was the assistant coach of the year in the NFL.

MagicRat

Ease it with the celebration Waller we're two scores down
Smell my cheese you mother!

JT39

DragonSoul

True Blue

Quote from: JT39 on September 17, 2023, 06:24:32 PMShurmur was an extremely hot name after the Vikings made a run with Cade Keenan to the NFC championship game. I believe he was the assistant coach of the year in the NFL.

Yeah, but after his first HC failure, I don't think many we're excited about him as a HC. I sure wasn't, great case of people who arr better as a coordinator

JT39

Quote from: True Blue on September 17, 2023, 07:33:16 PMYeah, but after his first HC failure, I don't think many we're excited about him as a HC. I sure wasn't, great case of people who arr better as a coordinator

Good post. I just remember he was pretty coveted.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 17, 2023, 07:31:43 PMAlways fun reading knee-jerk reactions.

But it's like Vegas.  Whatever is said in the Game Thread stays in the Game Thread.  LOL
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

TDToomer

Reading this thread post game was a headscratcher to me until I looked at the time stamp. How about we freeze new threads from being created during the game going forward. Use the game thread to make dumb comments.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DragonSoul

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 17, 2023, 09:42:13 PMBut it's like Vegas.  Whatever is said in the Game Thread stays in the Game Thread.  LOL
Nice one, got a LOL out of me, kudos!

While I agree in general, some jump the gun on some things way too quickly. Whether it be good or bad.