News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Credit to the Offensive Line for their second half play

Started by Rambo89, September 17, 2023, 07:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Everyone's punching bag the offensive line played great in the second half allowing Jones to make plays.  Gotta give credit where credit is due beyond just Jones who was great in the second half.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

I thought McKeathan and Ezeudu did very well today. That's important as we move forward.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Was McKeathan name called today?  That's a positive sign for an OG

I do concur with @MightyGiants.  Glow no longer appears to want to play football. 

AZGiantFan

Absolutely crazy thought.  When AT  becomes available, put him at RT (he got his big LT contract so he should be OK with that), leave Ezeadu at LT and drop Neal into RG.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

JT39

Kill him all you want but Glowinski came in and played well. I saw him help a few times that a defender came free and gave Jones extra time.

MightyGiants

Other than the penalties, the line did a solid job today. Considering the injuries, that was impressive:ok:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 17, 2023, 07:26:19 PMOther than the penalties, the line did a solid job today. Considering the injuries, that was impressive:ok:

Of course we have to nitpick rather than give them credit

uconnjack8

Thought Jones had time for the vast majority of this game.  McKethan and Ezeudu really impressed me making their 1st starts.  As athletic as Ezeudu is, I feel like he should be 1 of the starting 5 on this line. 

gregf

I'm looking forward to pff scores for the o line.  Ezuada may be legit competition at RT.  Impressed with McKethan first action.  And JMS is looking good!

Rambo89

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 17, 2023, 07:38:35 PMThought Jones had time for the vast majority of this game.  McKethan and Ezeudu really impressed me making their 1st starts.  As athletic as Ezeudu is, I feel like he should be 1 of the starting 5 on this line. 

Yep the line was pretty good throughout the game.  It was the rest of the offense that picked up their game in the second half.

Dgoodmantrublu

I thought they were fine in the 1st half too.

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 17, 2023, 07:19:41 PMEveryone's punching bag the offensive line played great in the second half allowing Jones to make plays.  Gotta give credit where credit is due beyond just Jones who was great in the second half.

Rambo89

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 17, 2023, 07:53:40 PMI thought they were fine in the 1st half too.

You're right really should change the title to reflect the truth.  My mistake

EDjohnst1981

I thought the TV guys did a disservice to Glo on his first play.

The first play he blocked the hell out out of his man, second play he was beaten on a wider angle from the D man and they singled him out.

I dunno, that's what I saw. I thought it was rough from the broadcast team.

Philosophers

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 17, 2023, 07:19:41 PMEveryone's punching bag the offensive line played great in the second half allowing Jones to make plays.  Gotta give credit where credit is due beyond just Jones who was great in the second half.

Yes.

McKethan's name was not called.  The right side held up.  Whole OL stepped up.  Look what happens when the OL plays well.  Waller becomes hard to cover.  Barkley can move all over and our WRs can get deep.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 17, 2023, 07:33:31 PMOf course we have to nitpick rather than give them credit

3 false starts and a negated TD with a holding call, and you are going to claim to mention that is "nitpicking"  seriously?  :what:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE