News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Credit to the Offensive Line for their second half play

Started by Rambo89, September 17, 2023, 07:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Quote from: RelaxTension on September 18, 2023, 08:05:38 AMIt was real nice to see the coaches make the change at RG and with Berdeson hurt it looks like Ezeudu will be the LG once Thomas gets back.
This week will be the real test for these players and the team.
That will be interesting to see if they play Glow or Ezeudu at LG. Daboll didn't think twice about Glow over  Lemieux. I think as long as Glowinski's head is still in the game, he's the better Guard but coming off that LT performance, Ezu's confidence has to be pretty high.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 18, 2023, 08:14:02 AMExactly, Jones finally had NFL caliber protection and receiving and we got to see what he was capable of
The entire game.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 18, 2023, 08:16:18 AMThat will be interesting to see if they play Glow or Ezeudu at LG. Daboll didn't think twice about Glow over  Lemieux. I think as long as Glowinski's head is still in the game, he's the better Guard but coming off that LT performance, Ezu's confidence has to be pretty high.

Yeah, seriously doubt Brederson will have recovered from his concussion by Thursday, so one of those two will have to fill in a LG
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: B1GBLUE on September 18, 2023, 08:12:49 AMagreed. ive been waiting to see a game we could fairly judge jones. in the first half, the protection was good enough and jones was stinking it up and i was ready to change my tune on him. then the protection continued being good in second half, and jones absolutely lit it up.

There have been four plus season's to judge Jones.  Not sure how one half is more of a fair measure than the larger sample size.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

londonblue

JMS and McKethan might give us two thirds of a decent IOL with a bit more experience. A really tough test vs. 49ers awaits. Let us see how they do.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

Quote from: londonblue on September 18, 2023, 08:18:23 AMJMS and McKethan might give us two thirds of a decent IOL with a bit more experience. A really tough test vs. 49ers awaits. Let us see how they do.

I would add that I don't think Brederson is terrible.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Trench

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 18, 2023, 05:04:49 AMAbsolutely.  Don't think you can nitpick the penalties when they haven't played much together as a unit.

The Cards oline was holding all game long. It was absolutely atrocious. I think our guys did great. Bellinger was probably the key component

B1GBLUE

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 17, 2023, 10:03:06 PMI hope Neal becomes what I thought he would. 

After today, and it's extremely premature,  I can't help but think that Ezeudu as the RT and Neal kicking in to guard would be the n
Best line this team can field right now.

Ezeudu looks natural on the outside but seems to lack the power to handle the bigger inside guys.  Neal has an opposite thing going where he can dominate those big insides, but cannot keep up with outside speed.

ezudus strength is his athleticism. he does need better core strength, but that can be improved.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 18, 2023, 08:18:07 AMThere have been four plus season's to judge Jones.  Not sure how one half is more of a fair measure than the larger sample size.

No i agree. i meant moreso with this coaching/scheme. its just rare we get to see jones get actual solid protection all game long. in the first half he had fine protection and looked awful. i was like ok, this is who he is. then in the second half he went all world.

Rambo89

Quote from: B1GBLUE on September 18, 2023, 09:00:04 AMNo i agree. i meant moreso with this coaching/scheme. its just rare we get to see jones get actual solid protection all game long. in the first half he had fine protection and looked awful. i was like ok, this is who he is. then in the second half he went all world.

Actually, I think the whole picture is who he is which is inconsistent even when the protection is there.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 17, 2023, 07:20:58 PMI thought McKeathan and Ezeudu did very well today. That's important as we move forward.

Its always darkest before the dawn.   We hit rock bottom

Now some new talent is making its way up the food chain.  We have no place to go but up
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 18, 2023, 09:02:42 AMActually, I think the whole picture is who he is which is inconsistent even when the protection is there.

that game was the definition of inconsistent. for sure.