News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

After this win, are you feeling more optimistic about our chances in San Fran?

Started by DaveBrown74, September 17, 2023, 08:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

In light of the way our team stormed back in the second half and got a huge road win, do you feel any increase in confidence about our chances of pulling the upset in San Fran?

This is not a final score prediction thread or anything like that - I am just curious how people are feeling about this game right now.

MagicRat

I still think we'll lose in SF, but I'd hope now we've kick started the season we won't get embarrassed.
Smell my cheese you mother!

Ed Vette

Quote from: MagicRat on September 17, 2023, 08:23:51 PMI still think we'll lose in SF, but I'd hope now we've kick started the season we won't get embarrassed.
Ditto
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Than halftime? YES!

Than before the game?  no

For some reason even though the 49ers and the Rams are both West Coast, they played a 1.  So the 49ers have the advantage of being the home team and 3 hours more rest. 

I think the 49ers are the better team.

As for the Giants, I don't know if they were inspired by their historic comeback or exhausted.  Plus it will be tougher to win when they are likely without Barkley
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

I just checked DraftKings. The line is 49ers -10, in case anyone is interested.

Gmo11

At no point before the season or during it did I think the Giants would be able to beat the Niners.  I thought perhaps they could catch the Cowboys off guard (whoops) and beat the tanking Cardinals (phew) but there's not a world in which they can match up with the Niners.  That team is damn good.  And for 6 out of 8 quarters of football this season the Giants have been damn terrible.  So nothing changed for me other than this loss on Thursday is not going to officially end their season the way an 0-3 start would have.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 17, 2023, 08:37:09 PMI just checked DraftKings. The line is 49ers -10, in case anyone is interested.

I think those second half giants cover that.

JT39

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 17, 2023, 08:33:55 PMThan halftime? YES!

Than before the game?  no

For some reason even though the 49ers and the Rams are both West Coast, they played a 1.  So the 49ers have the advantage of being the home team and 3 hours more rest. 

I think the 49ers are the better team.

As for the Giants, I don't know if they were inspired by their historic comeback or exhausted.  Plus it will be tougher to win when they are likely without Barkley

I am confused Mighty. The 49ers played at the same time as us today. What am I missing?

JT39

Winning today means you don't have to force Thomas, Barkley, or Ojuiari in case they aren't 100%.

Probably a loss if they all played anyways.

kartanoman

The 49ers are the best team in the NFC and front runners for getting to the Super Bowl (Caveat: provided no Purdy injury in the Conference Championship this year).

If the Giants can contain the 49ers' dynamic offense, be opportunistic on defense, and get a break of the ball, I'll take my chances with them: Win, lose or draw.

But make no mistake. They're playing the best team in the conference, arguably the league, this Thursday Night. Let that be the challenge in front of them riding the goodness from this come from behind victory this afternoon. If they give the 49ers a fight, I will be happy with that.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

MightyGiants

Quote from: JT39 on September 17, 2023, 08:50:00 PMI am confused Mighty. The 49ers played at the same time as us today. What am I missing?

:doh:  I looked it up but I missed the PST  You're correct they played at the same time
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DragonSoul

They will be as good as their line(s) play. Like the 2 wildly different halves we saw today.

Messiah717

Very tough defense and very dangerous players on offense.  It's not a good match up. 

nb587

A club that reportedly was tanking finds a way to lose a game they probably should have won.  It tempers the feel good part of winning today as does the loss of Barkley.

MightyGiants

Quote from: nb587 on September 17, 2023, 09:26:59 PMA club that reportedly was tanking finds a way to lose a game they probably should have won.  It tempers the feel good part of winning today as does the loss of Barkley.

When you move past the euphoria of the great comeback, this is what you are left with.  :(
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE