News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

After this win, are you feeling more optimistic about our chances in San Fran?

Started by DaveBrown74, September 17, 2023, 08:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

Quote from: nb587 on September 17, 2023, 09:26:59 PMA club that reportedly was tanking finds a way to lose a game they probably should have won.  It tempers the feel good part of winning today as does the loss of Barkley.

Not for me.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Philosophers

Another great DL test.  I hope they keep McKethan starting at right guard.  They looked stronger today and more like a unit.  Think Bredeson will be out so Eze may play LG if AT returns.

Trench

sooners56

As I said before, the Giants will be 2-1 after the 49ers game!
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

sxdxca38

Personally, with the momentum the Giants have going for them, I think they will beat the 49ers on Thursday night.

DJ is a better QB than Purdy.

Their main offense is McCaffrey. If the Giants can stop him, and force Purdy to beat them, they can win that game.

It will come down to the Giants run defense to hold their RB down.

I believe they can sneak out with a win and come out on top with a 2-1 record.

Let's see what happens.

expatriot

Remember this was the Cardinals.  Super happy the Giants won with a miracle comeback, but let's be real a minute.  San Fran is loaded, not a rebuilding team. Saw a stat where Jones is 1-11 in night games...3 days rest...Barkley hurt.  I hope it isn't, but this could be another ugly one.

kartanoman

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 17, 2023, 08:52:06 PM:doh:  I looked it up but I missed the PST  You're correct they played at the same time

Today's game was played in Arizona's MST which is the same as San Francisco's PDT. That is because Arizona does not recognize Daylight Saving Time and remains Mountain Standard Time all year. When Daylight Saving Time ends (i.e. November 5th this year, I believe), Arizona will be an hour ahead of Pacific Standard Time.

Hope that helps.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

T200

This is not me being a homer. I was certain the Giants would beat the Cards. Didn't see it happening the way it did.

I also think we'll beat San Fran and then go home and beat Seattle. 3-0 against the NFC West.

Week 1/Pre-season Week 4 was not an indicator of what this team is capable of.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

True Blue

Quote from: T200 on September 17, 2023, 11:07:33 PMThis is not me being a homer. I was certain the Giants would beat the Cards. Didn't see it happening the way it did.

I also think we'll beat San Fran and then go home and beat Seattle. 3-0 against the NFC West.

Week 1/Pre-season Week 4 was not an indicator of what this team is capable of.

I hope in a few weeks we can look back at this post and call you a prophet  :cheers:

GloryDays

At the bar where we were watching the Giants, the 49ers were playing on the next screen.. they look real tough, specially with their tough to penetrate O line and hard to stop McCaffrey and Debo Samuel.. if we can somehow generate some pass rush, control those two to keep them each under 100, and our O line plays a solid game, we have a good chance... otherwise, I don't see it.

Rambo89

Nope still think they lose.  Completely different opponent.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

ralphpal1

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 17, 2023, 10:21:34 PMPersonally, with the momentum the Giants have going for them, I think they will beat the 49ers on Thursday night.

DJ is a better QB than Purdy.

Their main offense is McCaffrey. If the Giants can stop him, and force Purdy to beat them, they can win that game.

It will come down to the Giants run defense to hold their RB down.

I believe they can sneak out with a win and come out on top with a 2-1 record.

Let's see what happens.

Interesting take SXD. I like the enthusiasm, and I hope you're right.

I'll say this much - I do think they'll come out with a very different tone than the way they came out in each of their first two games this year. I don't think this is a situation where after the emotional win yesterday they're going to be emotionally flat for the next game. I expect the vastly increased confidence to carry over.

Will that alone be enough to beat this clearly much more talented team in a hostile environment? I don't personally think so myself, but I obviously hope I'm wrong and you are right.

uconnjack8

No it doesn't.   I am just hoping we don't have to wait another 6 quarters to see another good half of football.