News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

After this win, are you feeling more optimistic about our chances in San Fran?

Started by DaveBrown74, September 17, 2023, 08:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B1GBLUE

the absolute lowest amount of more optimism yes. but do i think we are going to win? i hate to say it but i really dont think so. the 49ers are the cream of the nfc. can we win? of course. but it will be very difficult

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 18, 2023, 07:24:14 AMNo it doesn't.  I am just hoping we don't have to wait another 6 quarters to see another good half of football.

If we are 2-2 after week four I'm not going to be complaining given our start.

RelaxTension

Nothing has changed for me.
I think the 49ers are a great team and the Giants don't match up to them in any phases of the game.
I think teams traveling from the east coast to the west for a Thursday night game should stop.
If there has to be these games then they should be divisional games only.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

londonblue

We are flat out terrible on D. No pass rush. Wink putting wrong players out there on key downs. LBs over worked due to continuing weak DT run play. S/NCB utterly horrible.

We figured some things out on O at HT that might translate into some production vs. 49ers tough D (more snaps for Hyatt please!) though we are likely without Saquon and that hurts a lot.

Our D holding up H2 owed a lot more to AZ penalties and poor execution than it did us. No sacks, no turnovers through two games is just horrible. You cannot win many games like that.

If I am predicting Giants 10 49ers 34.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

BluesCruz

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Rambo89

The Giants are going to put up 31 points on arguably the best defense in the league on short rest on the road?   On top of that likely missing Barkley :ok:
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

AZGiantFan

The Giants will be staying together, on the road in a hotel.  There should be a much better atmosphere for team bonding than if they were in NJ, dispersed to their homes except during practice.  And it will be a lot more pleasurable given the comeback, as opposed to how miserable it would have been if they shat the bed for a second game in a row.  Like an extended version of the plane ride home after a big win.

What does this say about their chances Thursday?  Damned if I know.  But maybe Daboll should take a page from Tom Coughlin's book and get the In-N-Out burger truck out to one of their practices.  In the immortal words of Michael Strahan, "Damn good burger."
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

Will the San Fran game be on regular tv or do we need to buy a streaming package?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Trench on September 18, 2023, 05:52:36 PMWill the San Fran game be on regular tv or do we need to buy a streaming package?

It will be on Amazon Prime (ie streaming).

T200

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 18, 2023, 04:36:43 PMThe Giants are going to put up 31 points on arguably the best defense in the league on short rest on the road?   On top of that likely missing Barkley :ok:
Reporter: "Plaxico Burress said the Giants are going to win 21-17."

Tom Brady: "He's only giving us 17 points???"

Giants - 17
Pats - 14
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rambo89

Quote from: T200 on September 18, 2023, 06:47:43 PMReporter: "Plaxico Burress said the Giants are going to win 21-17."

Tom Brady: "He's only giving us 17 points???"

Giants - 17
Pats - 14

Ha was waiting for this after I sent my post
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

TDToomer

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 18, 2023, 09:25:22 PMThere are 148 million Amazon accounts in the U.S.

Just because you order stuff doesn't mean you get Amazon Prime Video. That's extra.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs