News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

In the second half Jones did something no other QB in history has done

Started by MightyGiants, September 17, 2023, 09:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDjohnst1981

T200

So, in consecutive weeks, the Giants have had historic games. Not sure what to make of it.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Dgoodmantrublu

Early season NFL football has become consistently weird since teams stopped playing guys in the preseason. You don't know what you have until after 4 weeks.

GloryDays

His performance when the O line gave him time served as a real confidence builder for himself and a middle finger to his unfair critics.

Trench

Quote from: GloryDays on September 18, 2023, 01:13:01 AMHis performance when the O line gave him time served as a real confidence builder for himself and a middle finger to his unfair critics.

Disagree. Nobody is being unfair. He has done his part to miss open receivers and make bad reads. He also has shown he can make adjustments at times and have success and excel. Yesterday marching downfield to a comeback win and making plays with his arm under great pressure was something I had not yet seen and he checked an important box in my mind.

Everyone has opinions on the matter and both groups can be right. We should all remember that is an ok thing.

Rambo89

Quote from: GloryDays on September 18, 2023, 01:13:01 AMHis performance when the O line gave him time served as a real confidence builder for himself and a middle finger to his unfair critics.

Can say the same thing about the offensive line and WR critics, no?
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

T200

What's the difference between a 'fair' critic and 'unfair' critic?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

aBladeOfBlue

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 18, 2023, 04:59:36 AMCan say the same thing about the offensive line and WR critics, no?
It's a team sports, and the epitome of this is probably the QB position. It depends on route running, oline play, playcall, blitz pickup...just to name a few. Not having the time for a play to develop and players to get seperation, it wrecks any QB's game. So harsh critics, Daniel Jones was not deserving them. But, in yesterday's game, we saw some sense of urgency kicking in. Jones was quicker in decision making, moving way better in the pocket. Prioritizing evading the rush then making a play. The Cardinals also seemed to quit on spying Daniel Jones after the bomb to Hyatt. That bit them alot, giving Jones his legs back.

RelaxTension

Cool someone is looking to pick fights out here..
It was nice to see him carry the team and saved the season for now.
Thursday could really suck bad again!
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

RelaxTension

Quote from: T200 on September 18, 2023, 06:52:45 AMWhat's the difference between a 'fair' critic and 'unfair' critic?
The difference is always friends and not friends.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

MightyGiants

Quote from: aBladeOfBlue on September 18, 2023, 07:53:49 AMIt's a team sports, and the epitome of this is probably the QB position. It depends on route running, oline play, playcall, blitz pickup...just to name a few. Not having the time for a play to develop and players to get seperation, it wrecks any QB's game. So harsh critics, Daniel Jones was not deserving them. But, in yesterday's game, we saw some sense of urgency kicking in. Jones was quicker in decision making, moving way better in the pocket. Prioritizing evading the rush then making a play. The Cardinals also seemed to quit on spying Daniel Jones after the bomb to Hyatt. That bit them alot, giving Jones his legs back.

Welcome  :greetings:

Nice opening post
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Daniel Jones performance was a total dichotomy of two Half's of football as I have ever seen. It took him almost three quarters of the game to settle in and focus and when he did, he was in a zone. It was unbelievable to see. I've seen QB's start out strong and then either the defense makes adjustments or they whither out in the end. This was more than just a 4th quarter comeback to win the game like Eli did from one or two scores down. The Giants were down 21 points. It should have been 24 if not for that missed FG and I wonder if Daboll would have deviated from what he did that last drive and used his time outs to get a TD or drive it into overtime.

As I mentioned in the thread I put up after the game, the Giants had a total reversal of momentum and energy level. The runs that Conner made in the first half carrying defenders, the crisp gang tackling and tight window passes evaporated by the 4th quarter and fortunes reversed.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Quote from: aBladeOfBlue on September 18, 2023, 07:53:49 AMIt's a team sports, and the epitome of this is probably the QB position. It depends on route running, oline play, playcall, blitz pickup...just to name a few. Not having the time for a play to develop and players to get seperation, it wrecks any QB's game. So harsh critics, Daniel Jones was not deserving them. But, in yesterday's game, we saw some sense of urgency kicking in. Jones was quicker in decision making, moving way better in the pocket. Prioritizing evading the rush then making a play. The Cardinals also seemed to quit on spying Daniel Jones after the bomb to Hyatt. That bit them alot, giving Jones his legs back.

Again that same standard should be applied to the Offensive Line and Receiving group that has gotten hammered in the past.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

aBladeOfBlue

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 18, 2023, 08:01:56 AMWelcome  :greetings:

Nice opening post
Thank you !
It's way easier to post nice things after this game rather than the last game.
I'm going a bit off topic here. The other bunch easy to criticize was the defense. They looked bad but they hung in there. Dobbs was making beautiful throws all over the place, he was standing courageously in the pocket, making stuff happen. But it came at a price, he got hit hard, he seemed rattled at the end of the game and the defense deserve credit for this.