News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- DJ 70% 321 Yards 2 TD 1 Int 103.5 RTG 79.0 QBR

Started by sxdxca38, September 17, 2023, 10:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxdxca38

Add in an additional 59 yards rushing, and he accounted for almost 400 yards of total offense.

His one interception was once again not his fault, it hit right off of Barkley's hands.

Barkley is now responsible for two picks that DJ has thrown.

In any event, I'll have to see what the projection totals will be for the year, but hopefully he is trending in the right direction, and continues to ascend.

sxdxca38

By the way that deep throw to Hyatt hit him right in stride, really good stuff.

You can tell DJ has got a good arm, no question, 1st rd talent for sure.

Dgoodmantrublu

I thought the first deep pass to Hyatt was an underthrow. Hyatt had to slow down to wait for the ball.

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 17, 2023, 10:45:09 PMBy the way that deep throw to Hyatt hit him right in stride, really good stuff.

sxdxca38

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 17, 2023, 10:56:22 PMI thought the first deep pass to Hyatt was an underthrow. Hyatt had to slow down to wait for the ball.

I don't know, maybe on a technicality you could say that, but to me he threw a pretty good ball.

Please take a look at the 46 second mark, and you'll have to make your own judgment.

Trench

First ball to Hyatt was under thrown as he had to slow up - BUT it was still a great pass

DragonSoul

Quote from: Trench on September 17, 2023, 11:13:56 PMFirst ball to Hyatt was under thrown as he had to slow up - BUT it was still a great pass
Still need time to gel and know each receiver's abilities, but was pretty close to being in stride.

GloryDays

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 17, 2023, 11:05:27 PMI don't know, maybe on a technicality you could say that, but to me he threw a pretty good ball.

Please take a look at the 46 second mark, and you'll have to make your own judgment.

You can nitpick if you don't like Jones, but that is beautiful QB play with confidence, great decision making and a killer instinct.

T200

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 17, 2023, 10:45:09 PMBy the way that deep throw to Hyatt hit him right in stride, really good stuff.

I like DJ, glad he's our QB. But there are some aspects of his game that I won't overlook because he gutted out a win.

My main concern with DJ is that, while I don't doubt his football IQ, I think he processes the play a little too slow at times and is late to let the ball go. Too many times receivers have had to slow down and wait for the pass to get there. It turns a TD into an incompletion. He should be hitting Barkley in stride out of the backfield.

Maybe he's not trusting what he sees or he's waiting for the play to develop or he just doesn't have the confidence. Whatever it is, it severely detracts from his game and the team's chances for success.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

GMenRF

Quote from: T200 on September 18, 2023, 07:02:29 AMI like DJ, glad he's our QB. But there are some aspects of his game that I won't overlook because he gutted out a win.

My main concern with DJ is that, while I don't doubt his football IQ, I think he processes the play a little too slow at times and is late to let the ball go. Too many times receivers have had to slow down and wait for the pass to get there. It turns a TD into an incompletion. He should be hitting Barkley in stride out of the backfield.

Maybe he's not trusting what he sees or he's waiting for the play to develop or he just doesn't have the confidence. Whatever it is, it severely detracts from his game and the team's chances for success.

David Turner alludes to it in Pattie's segment last night.  It's probably trust issues with the line holding up given what happened last week.

I'm s DJ supporter and as good as he's played yesterday especially in the 2nd half comeback, he left some plays on the and possibly points as well.

BluesCruz

Quote from: T200 on September 18, 2023, 07:02:29 AMI like DJ, glad he's our QB. But there are some aspects of his game that I won't overlook because he gutted out a win.

Barkley has hands of stone...he is not a confident pass receiver at all

Im hoping on thursday now we can see what Gray can do (and Brieda). a real pro rotation would be nice.  Brightwell is not chopped liver either
We have a deep RB corp......deepest the Giants have ever had

When Barkley is healthy there is rarely any rotation
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

uconnjack8

79 QBR is a really solid game, especially given that 1st half was likely much lower.

MightyGiants

Quote from: GMenRF on September 18, 2023, 07:22:17 AMDavid Turner alludes to it in Pattie's segment last night.  It's probably trust issues with the line holding up given what happened last week.

I'm s DJ supporter and as good as he's played yesterday especially in the 2nd half comeback, he left some plays on the and possibly points as well.

Thanks for the heads up.  After reading your post, I made it a point to listen to that podcast this morning. It was worth the listen  :ok:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

GMenRF

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 18, 2023, 08:19:22 AMThanks for the heads up.  After reading your post, I made it a point to listen to that podcast this morning. It was worth the listen  :ok:

Anytime.  This was an important game not just for the comeback but moreso building confidence in the team as a whole considering how bad they played the first 6 quarters of the season.

True Blue

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 18, 2023, 07:56:48 AMBarkley has hands of stone...he is not a confident pass receiver at all

Im hoping on thursday now we can see what Gray can do (and Brieda). a real pro rotation would be nice.  Brightwell is not chopped liver either
We have a deep RB corp......deepest the Giants have ever had

When Barkley is healthy there is rarely any rotation

Yeah, Because this group is better than Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ward right?

None of these guys except Barkley who is possibly going to miss time, none of them are even close to the same level as any of those guys.

Deppest they ever had?  :what:

JT39

The one play DJ left on the field was the underthrow to Slayton in the first half. Needed to hit that since there was so much separation.

However, a couple misses were off by inches. Which happens with every QB though.