News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

- DJ 70% 321 Yards 2 TD 1 Int 103.5 RTG 79.0 QBR

Started by sxdxca38, September 17, 2023, 10:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo89

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 18, 2023, 07:56:48 AMBarkley has hands of stone...he is not a confident pass receiver at all

Im hoping on thursday now we can see what Gray can do (and Brieda). a real pro rotation would be nice.  Brightwell is not chopped liver either
We have a deep RB corp......deepest the Giants have ever had

When Barkley is healthy there is rarely any rotation

Barkley made a great play on the 3rd TD.  Let's not ignore that.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Quote from: True Blue on September 18, 2023, 08:32:30 AMYeah, Because this group is better than Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ward right?

None of these guys except Barkley who is possibly going to miss time, none of them are even close to the same level as any of those guys.

Deppest they ever had?  :what:
Throwing spaghetti on the wall.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

True Blue

sxdxca38

Quote from: T200 on September 18, 2023, 07:02:29 AMI like DJ, glad he's our QB. But there are some aspects of his game that I won't overlook because he gutted out a win.

My main concern with DJ is that, while I don't doubt his football IQ, I think he processes the play a little too slow at times and is late to let the ball go. Too many times receivers have had to slow down and wait for the pass to get there. It turns a TD into an incompletion. He should be hitting Barkley in stride out of the backfield.

Maybe he's not trusting what he sees or he's waiting for the play to develop or he just doesn't have the confidence. Whatever it is, it severely detracts from his game and the team's chances for success.

Hi,

I would agree with you for the 1st 6 quarters of play, but in the second half his processing speed definitely improved.

Honestly I think he was unstoppable at that point, and was clearly the best player on the field.

The Cardinals had no answer for him in the second half, as he completely took over the game. This is the way he needs to play.

Let's see what happens against San Fran

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 18, 2023, 08:01:41 AM79 QBR is a really solid game, especially given that 1st half was likely much lower.

I think the TV broadcast put up his first half rating. If I recall correctly, it was 24.9 in the first half.

T200

Quote from: sxdxca38 on September 18, 2023, 09:48:39 AMHi,

I would agree with you for the 1st 6 quarters of play, but in the second half his processing speed definitely improved.

Honestly I think he was unstoppable at that point, and was clearly the best player on the field.

The Cardinals had no answer for him in the second half, as he completely took over the game. This is the way he needs to play.

Let's see what happens against San Fran
It's not just this season. It's who he has shown himself to be so far in his career. He needs to figure it out to take his game to the next level.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Trench

Quote from: T200 on September 18, 2023, 10:19:57 AMIt's not just this season. It's who he has shown himself to be so far in his career. He needs to figure it out to take his game to the next level.

T200,
To your point, do you think there is anything connected to the fact that when he shows outward emotion it appears he really steps up his game?..it seems like his focus becomes laser-like when he's in that kind of zone. His processing gets much better (at least that's what I see)

DragonSoul

Quote from: GMenRF on September 18, 2023, 07:22:17 AMDavid Turner alludes to it in Pattie's segment last night.  It's probably trust issues with the line holding up given what happened last week.

I'm s DJ supporter and as good as he's played yesterday especially in the 2nd half comeback, he left some plays on the and possibly points as well.
Think it is the line issue. Last year when they couldn't trust the line and weapons, they played fast with quick passes and he was as accurate as they come. That is why I was surprised they didn't revert back to that mode vs. Dallas when they had no time and the original gameplan went down the drain.

T200

Quote from: Trench on September 18, 2023, 10:23:02 AMT200,
To your point, do you think there is anything connected to the fact that when he shows outward emotion it appears he really steps up his game?..it seems like his focus becomes laser-like when he's in that kind of zone. His processing gets much better (at least that's what I see)
I honestly don't know.

It could possibly be that he knew he had to make plays instead of worrying about protection.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

GMenRF

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 18, 2023, 10:36:25 AMThink it is the line issue. Last year when they couldn't trust the lone and weapons, they played fast with quick passes and he was as accurate as they come. Which is why I was surprised they didn't revert back to that mode vs Dallas when they had no time and the original gameplay went down the drain.

That and we should've ran like 50 times or more that game.  Dallas was way too aggressive rushing DJ, we should've ran on them.

MightyGiants

Quote from: GMenRF on September 18, 2023, 11:24:22 AMThat and we should've ran like 50 times or more that game.  Dallas was way too aggressive rushing DJ, we should've ran on them.

when you are going against a D-line that twists and stunts as much as Dallas it's almost mandatory to run the ball.  The weakness when you twist and stunt (which gives the rushers an edge) is that they get caught out of position while twisting or stunting with a well-timed run.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

GMenRF

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 18, 2023, 11:27:20 AMwhen you are going against a D-line that twists and stunts as much as Dallas it's almost mandatory to run the ball.  The weakness when you twist and stunt (which gives the rushers an edge) is that they get caught out of position while twisting or stunting with a well-timed run.

That's why Daboll may not admit it but I think he was giving an earful to Kafka about the playcalling in the second half if not calling the plays itself.

Rambo89

Quote from: GMenRF on September 18, 2023, 11:24:22 AMThat and we should've ran like 50 times or more that game.  Dallas was way too aggressive rushing DJ, we should've ran on them.

Problem was the fell down big early that IMO altered the game plan of running the ball the blocked FG and turnovers turned that game around so quickly they never had a chance to establish it.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Stringer Bell

Quote from: GMenRF on September 18, 2023, 11:32:00 AMThat's why Daboll may not admit it but I think he was giving an earful to Kafka about the playcalling in the second half if not calling the plays itself.

Agree. As I said in another thread, my guess is Daboll did, in fact, call some plays yesterday. And he would not go on the record with that as to not throw Kafka under the bus / shatter his confidence.

GMenRF

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 18, 2023, 11:35:39 AMProblem was the fell down big early that IMO altered the game plan of running the ball the blocked FG and turnovers turned that game around so quickly they never had a chance to establish it.

More specifically us calling 3 straight pass plays and going 3 and out in the series right after the blocked FG was a more of a panic move given we were moving the ball with the run.

Again all in hindsight and probably beaten to death in the threads the past week.