News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Its always fun to go to the next opponents message board

Started by BluesCruz, September 18, 2023, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

If the OL plays well and allows WRs to get down the field and Waller to move freely in the middle, we will win this game.  All about the OL.

BluesCruz

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 18, 2023, 03:34:39 PMHow many NFL teams besides us do you think would consider Breida their number two RB?

How many NFL teams do you think would carry Brightwell on their active roster?

i have no clue where you are getting your low opinion of these guys
now you likely will get a heaping helping of their abilities if Barkley truely has a high ankle sprain

(ive have a few ankle sprains, usually you can play through them until the swelling erupts- Barkley had to helped off the field immediatley almost surely a high ankle symptom)

What will you say if these 3 guys blow it out?  arent you rooting for them?

I expect them to shine

go Giants!
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Rambo89

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 18, 2023, 03:59:24 PMi have no clue where you are getting your low opinion of these guys
now you likely will get a heaping helping of their abilities if Barkley truely has a high ankle sprain

(ive have a few ankle sprains, usually you can play through them until the swelling erupts- Barkley had to helped off the field immediatley almost surely a high ankle symptom)

What will you say if these 3 guys blow it out?  arent you rooting for them?

I expect them to shine

go Giants!

We saw last season in the games Barkley was limited or out the Giants rushing attack was non existent with Brieda and Brightwell.  So yeah that is where the opinions on them are coming from
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

BluesCruz

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 18, 2023, 04:09:34 PMWe saw last season in the games Barkley was limited or out the Giants rushing attack was non existent with Brieda and Brightwell.  So yeah that is where the opinions on them are coming from

Brightwell averaged 4.5 YPC last year and had a 15, and 26 yds runs in limited action

Matt Brieda averaged 5.1 YPC, had 19 Receptions and ran for 660yds in 2019 for the 49rs in limited action

last year as the prime fill in for Barkley Brieda ran for 222 yds at 4.1 YPC

Im not seeing any evidence here to advance your argument

you owe Gary and Matt an apology

My money is on Grey to become the next Joe Morris

BluesCruz

PS- Brightwell really layed out an AZ kick returner on specials last Sunday- Love it
[/quote]

Rambo89

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 18, 2023, 04:28:19 PMBrightwell averaged 4.5 YPC last year and had a 15, and 26 yds runs in limited action

Matt Brieda averaged 5.1 YPC, had 19 Receptions and ran for 660yds in 2019 for the 49rs in limited action

last year as the prime fill in for Barkley Brieda ran for 222 yds at 4.1 YPC

Im not seeing any evidence here to advance your argument

you owe Gary and Matt an apology

My money is on Grey to become the next Joe Morris

Go look at the rushing production the games Barkley was out or he was limited last season.  They couldn't run the ball.  Most of their good numbers came in games where Barkley was healthy.

As for Grey that has yet to be determined but not sure how you come to that conclusion based off college games and pre season games but ok

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 18, 2023, 04:34:53 PMGo look at the rushing production the games Barkley was out or he was limited last season.  They couldn't run the ball.  Most of their good numbers came in games where Barkley was healthy.

As for Grey that has yet to be determined but not sure how you come to that conclusion based off college games and pre season games but ok
Barkley only missed one game last year and that was the last game against the Eagles. I wouldn't look back to the Joe Judge era. They combine rushed for 88 yards on 15 attempts for almost 6 yards a carry.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 18, 2023, 04:34:53 PMGo look at the rushing production the games Barkley was out or he was limited last season.  They couldn't run the ball.  Most of their good numbers came in games where Barkley was healthy.

you are right
without the annually majorly injured #1 draft choice we are screwed.....start planning for the draft

we should just throw in the towel LOL

Maybe we should consider punting on 1st down.  That will teach those nasty 49rs a good lesson. keep them bottled up inside their 20.

BUT...Maybe Brieda will have a break out revenge game for the 49rs giving up on him

I will be sitting in my easy chair Thursday night with a big bowl of popcorn.  I personlly want them embarrassed for the Ice Chip game....Refs missed a big penalty on that last kick.

That game did teach me one lesson.  If you do not have a deep rotation of D Linemen you are in deeep trouble

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 18, 2023, 10:53:51 AMThe Giants are done without Saquon Barkley
Overreaction or reality: Reality

Barkley is the cog in the offense that makes the Giants go, specifically Daniel Jones. With Barkley on the field in the second-half comeback, Jones completed 17 of 21 passes for 259 yards with two pass touchdowns while rushing for 58 yards and a touchdown. Jones became just the second player in NFL history with 250 passing yards, 50 rushing yards, two passing touchdowns, and a rushing touchdown in a half.

Barkley's injury is severe enough he won't discuss it, even though one report says it's a sprained ankle. We'll see how long Barkley is out, but the Giants need him if they want to go to the playoffs. Jones can't be the quarterback the Giants want him to be without Barkley on the field.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-2-overreactions-reality-checks-jets-moving-on-from-zach-wilson-how-hot-is-brandon-staley-seat/

Counterpoint:  with Barkley on the field Jones was 9/16 for 62 yards with 0 TDs 1 INT, and a passer rating of 39.1, with 1 run for 1 yard in the first half. 

You'd expect a little better than the intellectually disingenuous 'analysis' of CBS sports.  Well, perhaps not.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

BluesCruz

Grey's build, stature, change of direction reminds me of Joe Morris
that's all

Hopefuly, with these 3 we do see a rotation, not just Brieda all day long

Rambo89

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 18, 2023, 05:02:06 PMGrey's build, stature, change of direction reminds me of Joe Morris
that's all

Again that was in college and pre season.  Hard to judge a player and say what he'll be off of that.  The Pro Game in the regular season is very different.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 18, 2023, 04:09:34 PMWe saw last season in the games Barkley was limited or out the Giants rushing attack was non existent with Brieda and Brightwell.  So yeah that is where the opinions on them are coming from

They were both comparable or better than James Conners last year, albeit in far fewer opportunities.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 18, 2023, 03:59:24 PMWhat will you say if these 3 guys blow it out?  arent you rooting for them?

I hope this isn't a serious question. I am a Giants fan. Obviously I want every single player on the team to be successful. How I evaluate a segment of the roster has nothing to do with whether I want the team to win or not. Not all fans blindly think every player is an all-pro and that the team is going to go 17-0 and win the SB every year. That doesn't mean you're not a fan. "Think" and "hope" are two different things.

Breida (like all active NFL players) is not completely without talent. The issue is he has not been able to stay healthy throughout his career. That has weighed on his performance over time. He is not a guy who can handle a heavy workload over any meaningful period.

Bringing up stats from four years ago for a 28 year old who has been injured plenty since then is kind of pointless. They have no bearing on today. Four years is an eternity for RBs. Last year is what is relevant, and since you seem to be focused solely on YPA, his YPA last year was 4.1. That's average at best.

We have no idea yet what Grey will be in the NFL. I hope he's really good. That will make things easier next spring in terms of rebuilding the RB room if they move on from Barkley. But we don't know yet. All we know is that he was good in college in a conference famous for playing no defense, and no NFL GM including ours wanted him before the 5th round. Maybe he ends up being good, but we're not talking about a Breece Hall or Jamhyr Gibbs type prospect, obviously. We shall see.

I am not overly worried about any of this because it doesn't sound like Barkley is expected to miss too much time, and it seems clear that we are moving towards a more passing based attack anyway. Obviously, it hurts to lose Barkley for even a game, but yes we do have other professional RBs on this team, and it's not like we've never had to make due without Barkley before.

Ed Vette

Grey had an Offensive Line that opened holes you could drive a truck through and he was a good one cut Back to juke the second level. This summer I saw some difficulty running inside. He doesn't have the speed to be East West. Just an observation.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Trench

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 18, 2023, 07:45:52 PMGrey had an Offensive Line that opened holes you could drive a truck through and he was a good one cut Back to juke the second level. This summer I saw some difficulty running inside. He doesn't have the speed to be East West. Just an observation.

I see it different. Will be fun to watch