News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Snap Counts NYG-AZ

Started by Ed Vette, September 18, 2023, 11:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Gmo11

That 14 snaps for Hyatt better at least double from here on out.  14 snaps for what is likely the best WR on the team is criminal.

MightyGiants

Thibodeaux played 61 snaps, or 94% of the snaps.

His box score:

0 tackles
0 assists
0 sacks
0 INTs

Hyatt, despite the great impact he had on the game's outcome, played 14 snaps or 21% of the offensive snaps
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: Gmo11 on September 18, 2023, 11:19:40 AMThat 14 snaps for Hyatt better at least double from here on out.  14 snaps for what is likely the best WR on the team is criminal.

You figure it will as he becomes more comfortable with the playbook as the season moves along.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 18, 2023, 11:22:18 AMYou figure it will as he becomes more comfortable with the playbook as the season moves along.

Hyatt's locker is right next to DJs and he is sandwiched between DJ and Shepard.  After practice, it's not uncommon to see them huddled around DJ's Ipad looking over plays
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Stringer Bell

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 18, 2023, 11:20:51 AMThibodeaux played 61 snaps, or 94% of the snaps.

His box score:

0 tackles
0 assists
0 sacks
0 INTs

Hyatt, despite the great impact he had on the game's outcome, played 14 snaps or 21% of the offensive snaps

KT and Williams combined for 99 snaps, and the Giants got 0s across the board. Wink needs to figure something out with these 2. And if not, I'd like to see more of Basham and Riley.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Stringer Bell on September 18, 2023, 11:32:58 AMKT and Williams combined for 99 snaps, and the Giants got 0s across the board. Wink needs to figure something out with these 2. And if not, I'd like to see more of Basham and Riley.
Maybe it's time to look at the Position Coaches.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Not that I really know anything, but i'd shift a chunk of snaps from Campbell to Hyatt and shift a few from Thib and some from McF to Simmons.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Trench

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 18, 2023, 06:06:52 PMNot that I really know anything, but i'd shift a chunk of snaps from Campbell to Hyatt and shift a few from Thib and some from McF to Simmons.

Agreed. Good point. Campbell didn't overly impress. I think he had a penalty and he also didn't run a good route on a 3rd down catch (just before the marker). If my former WR hopeful Sills did that he was blasted here.