News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Hodgins TD

Started by MightyGiants, September 18, 2023, 03:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1703838446551282116?s=20

Nick Falato
@nickfalato
After the game, in reference to his TD, Isaiah Hodgins stated that Daniel Jones looked at him and said, "Be Ready." Jones knew what the Cardinals would do against the EMPTY formation w/ Barkley stacked behind Hodgins on a delayed release

Earlier in the game, Arizona doubled Waller as the backside No. 1 on the Barkley TD...they paid the same attention to the TE on the play below and took inside-out on Barkley's delayed release from the stack.

Barkley's delayed release held the inside underneath defender in place, allowing Hodgins to win on the slant into the throwing window vs. an outside leveraged CB

Great execution by the Giants, and a cool moment for Isaiah Hodgins to gift his son a special birthday present.

https://x.com/nickfalato/status/1703846690367926405?s=20

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

Hodgins is one of my favorite Giant. Not the best, but the type of guy you need on winning teams.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 18, 2023, 03:26:04 PMHodgins is one of my favorite Giant. Not the best, but the type of guy you need on winning teams.

Totally agree. I'm a big fan as well.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 18, 2023, 03:26:04 PMHodgins is one of my favorite Giant. Not the best, but the type of guy you need on winning teams.

He's an easy guy to root for.  Underdog type that busts his ass and finds a way to get it done.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Excellent execution and a great job by both DJ (looking off) and Hodgkins making the diving catch. The player, though, who made that play work was Saquon. He froze the middle LB (who was focusing entirely on SB) essentially pulling two defenders out of the way giving Hodgkins free space to work. Friggin brilliant play!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Saquon simply being on the field changes the defensive strategy. He's more than just a RB, he changes the whole game
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

TDToomer

Prior to this TD I was worried that Hodgins was going to be an 8 game wonder and was getting lost in the shuffle. It's great to see him making critical plays and game tying catches.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

True Blue

Glad to have him in royal Blue

uconnjack8

Another play where the ball was thrown the only place basically could have been and the WR went down and made the play.