News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Barkley out 3 weeks

Started by Rambo89, September 18, 2023, 04:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloryDays

As much as I like Saquon, I think the talent behind him is good enough to not miss him that much... If the O line does its job, Breida, Brightwell and Grey are capable to carry the load.

files58

Quote from: files58 on September 18, 2023, 06:12:22 PMWould love to have a Fournette type. He'd be like OJ Anderson, and LaGarette Blount. A November/December big body punisher that gets tough yards.

To add. I believe that Daboll's ultimate goal is to play true Giant Football. Beat you up, grind you out, leave no prisoners football. The kind of game that we love. The way to get the East Rutherford Aluminum Can rocking is to play that way. When I saw Springsteen a couple of weeks ago I looked around the stadium and wondered why can't this place be like Seattle's Twelfth Man.

PSUBeirut

Bummer.  Heal up quickly and don't come back before you can do what you do on the field 100%. 

Pass blocking from the RB position is going to be really key to look at these next few weeks.  A rookie and an undersized Breida don't give me warm fuzzies back there.  Does anyone know how James Robinson's pass blocking has been?

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: GloryDays on September 18, 2023, 06:22:42 PMAs much as I like Saquon, I think the talent behind him is good enough to not miss him that much... If the O line does its job, Breida, Brightwell and Grey are capable to carry the load.

Another thread we are bashing the offensive line. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

I vehemently disagree. Robinson looked completely done to me. No burst left at all.

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 18, 2023, 05:01:31 PMThey should sign James Robinson to the Practice Squad and elevate him game day.

Dgoodmantrublu

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 18, 2023, 06:53:16 PMThis guy is a quack who had to enter a settlement to not have his medical license revoked.

I don't think I would want him as my doctor for the reason you cited.  On the other hand, his track record is excellent (better than any other source I have seen) regarding intel on various player injuries.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

The idea of diagnosis off video bothers me a lot.

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 18, 2023, 07:07:24 PMI don't think I would want him as my doctor for the reason you cited.  On the other hand, his track record is excellent (better than any other source I have seen) regarding intel on various player injuries.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 18, 2023, 07:23:11 PMThe idea of diagnosis off video bothers me a lot.

It has its limitations.  Still,  I have been following him for years and he is right for more than he is wrong.   Since teams are cagey about injuries, I find he is a helpful resource
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

I think it is a highly unethical practice.

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 18, 2023, 07:34:27 PMIt has its limitations.  Still,  I have been following him for years and he is right for more than he is wrong.   Since teams are cagey about injuries, I find he is a helpful resource

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Dgoodmantrublu

He's making a public diagnosis without having ever examined a patient. Seems to be completely sensationalist in every way.

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 18, 2023, 07:41:31 PMHow is that?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 18, 2023, 07:48:40 PMHe's making a public diagnosis without having ever examined a patient. Seems to be completely sensationalist in every way.

I don't see it as unethical. Self-promoting maybe and perhaps even a little cheesy, but that is different from unethical. He's not presenting it to a patient. He's giving his best guess on social media based on what he saw. He is not misleading anyone. Does he even call it a "diagnosis"?

Where is the breach of ethics?