News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

How to watch the TNF game

Started by TDToomer, September 18, 2023, 08:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sem

Quote from: Sem on September 18, 2023, 09:50:57 PMGet the uBlock Origin extension for Chrome (there's also one for Firefox) to block ads. I used to stream the out of market Giants games out here in California on a less than legal site and I never got ads for "adult" sites, or any ads for that matter. No viruses either, though I run Linux so that's really not an issue.
On a semi-related note, for Chrome users who woke up this morning to find their bookmark bar grew an incredibly stupid "All Bookmarks" appendage, it can be removed by opening the about://flags page and setting "Power bookmarks side panel" to Disabled.

Uni

Quote from: TDToomer on September 18, 2023, 08:59:57 PMFrom what I was told that even if you have a NFL Sunday Ticket package you can't get it without Amazon Prime. Is this true? If so does that mean most Sports bars won't be able the show the game? I am getting worried that I won't find a way to watch this. 

EDIT: Look to your left. I am not in Metro NYC.
Sports bars and other commercial venues still use directv for NFL Sunday ticket

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

TDToomer

Quote from: Uni on September 19, 2023, 08:14:20 PMSports bars and other commercial venues still use directv for NFL Sunday ticket

SMH. ~X(  The game is on Amazon only. The Sunday ticket will not get you TNF. The bar needs an Amazon Prime account. 

But it's all good. I got a log in. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

kingm56

You can always invest in superbox, which gives you access to virtually every streaming service and channel, even local ones. You also can locate paper view events. It's available on Amazon; just search Superbox.  Plenty of YouTube videos on it too.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: kingm56 on September 19, 2023, 09:42:35 PMYou can always invest in superbox, which gives you access to virtually every streaming service and channel, even local ones. You also can locate paper view events. It's available on Amazon; just search Superbox.  Plenty of YouTube videos on it too.

Somehow i've never heard of this before and I am far from clear on what it gets me but I'll check it out on YouTube, my go-to place for learning about new things.  Thanks for the heads up.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

kingm56

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 19, 2023, 11:02:41 PMSomehow i've never heard of this before and I am far from clear on what it gets me but I'll check it out on YouTube, my go-to place for learning about new things.  Thanks for the heads up.

Rich,

It literally gets you every channel.  Want to watch NY local Fox Channel, no problem; want to watch MMA fight, no problem.  The Yankees on Yes, Ohio State on the Big Ten Network...no problem. Literally thousands of channels are at your disposal. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions. 

AZGiantFan

Quote from: kingm56 on September 19, 2023, 11:06:32 PMRich,

It literally gets you every channel.  Want to watch NY local Fox Channel, no problem; want to watch MMA fight, no problem.  The Yankees on Yes, Ohio State on the Big Ten Network...no problem. Literally thousands of channels are at your disposal. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions. 

So, if I get this box I can watch any Giants' game that is being shown on the local NY channel even though I am in AZ?  If so this definitely bears looking into.  I get the local AZ Fox channel on Sling so I was able to watch the game, but that was just happenstance.

Again, thanks for the heads up.  I love me a good YouTube rabbit hole to go down.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Dgoodmantrublu

That product is of questionable legality by the looks of it. I'd be careful.

kingm56

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 19, 2023, 11:14:28 PMThat product is of questionable legality by the looks of it. I'd be careful.

Not entirely true.  It's perfectly legal to access channels that do not require subscription services; so, it's 100% legal to access NY local channels to watch Giant games.   However, it is illegal to access pay per view streams that you don't own a valid subscription too. Fundamentally, superbox is perfectly legal; this has been adjudicated and there's plenty of information online to read through.   

Uni

Quote from: TDToomer on September 19, 2023, 09:26:55 PMSMH. ~X(  The game is on Amazon only. The Sunday ticket will not get you TNF. The bar needs an Amazon Prime account. 

But it's all good. I got a log in.
SMH

https://techcrunch.com/2022/08/24/amazon-and-directv-partnership-brings-thursday-night-football-to-300000-bars-restaurants-and-other-venues/LOO

DaveBrown74

I have a hard time seeing Amazon being fully immersed in selling an illegal product. It's not like this is some obscure industry either. Streaming in-home entertainment is as front and center topical as it gets, and Amazon's in-house legal department head count is likely bigger than some US cities (exaggeration obv).

Bill Brown

Quote from: kingm56 on September 19, 2023, 09:42:35 PMYou can always invest in superbox, which gives you access to virtually every streaming service and channel, even local ones. You also can locate paper view events. It's available on Amazon; just search Superbox.  Plenty of YouTube videos on it too.

I took a chance on this box. Living in maine there are times the local stations don't carry the Giants but if I can access the local NY stations it should solve the problem. I'll post my thoughts on the superbox once I  have it installed.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

T200

Quote from: Bill Brown on September 21, 2023, 06:56:11 AMI took a chance on this box. Living in maine there are times the local stations don't carry the Giants but if I can access the local NY stations it should solve the problem. I'll post my thoughts on the superbox once I  have it installed.

Bill
Definitely would like to hear your thoughts on it. I'm considering one as well.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

afan56

I'm in Glen Rock, NJ and glad I can get it over the air on Channel 5 Fox.And, yes I have a roof antenna!😊😊, I'm old and frugal.

Bill Brown

Quote from: T200 on September 21, 2023, 07:52:58 AMDefinitely would like to hear your thoughts on it. I'm considering one as well.

Ok Tim. First report on superbox pro4.

Installed it today. Took only a few minutes to get it up and running. Took only a few more minutes to complete the setup. Went very smooth and quite easy. My real interest in this box was the ability to get local NY stations so I can watch the Giants when the Maine stations choose to show the freaking Packers or some other teams I have no interest in watching.

That test may take awhile. Giants play Monday night so I'll get that on my roku device.

I have to say that at this point I am very very happy with it. Right now I am watching the Ala v Mississippi St game on CBS NY 36.

Shout out to @kingm56. Thanks for making me aware of this box.

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."