News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Media Narrative. The Giants had to beat the Cards or season over.

Started by DragonSoul, September 18, 2023, 09:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSoul

I'm hearing this ad nauseam all over.

First, it is harder to make it to the playoffs if you start 0-2, as they like to show that stat every time at this time. But teams tend to skirt that trend quite a bit.

But the major one is this... If the Giants lost to the cards their season is over because their next 4 games would likely make them 0-6 when all is said & done.

So with that logic, isn't their season still over? I mean they did beat the cards, but if they lose the next 4 games then they are 1-5. But magically with this the win now what? No one that I heard makes the argument as to why it changes if most see them STILL losing 4 games in a row...

Finally, any given Sunday is the line that holds true. Bad teams can beat good teams and good teams can beat bad teams, matchups matter, luck, and so on.

I think SF would be a tough win, but I think the Seahawks, Miami & Bills can be beaten. They are not given for any side, that is, if our oline can at least play average (it all hinges on that).

Maybe we just need to pack our bags now. Love the ridiculous logic people care to share.

Dgoodmantrublu

I think it is very realistic now to get to 2-2 with a home win over Seattle.

Ed Vette

If this Defense doesn't get their act together soon, the season will be over.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Dgoodmantrublu

I'm not panicking about anything with the defense. It is so early. I won't make judgements until after week 4.

DragonSoul

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 18, 2023, 10:39:27 PMI'm not panicking about anything with the defense. It is so early. I won't make judgements until after week 4.
I like to give them about 4-5 games. As long as it's not the same mistakes over and over again.