News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Fight at Pats game turned deadly

Started by MightyGiants, September 19, 2023, 08:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

madbadger

Happens far, far too often. It's only going to get worse. It seems like as a society we're getting angrier and far less tolerant of people we view as being against us. It's a shame you can't wear a visiting team's jersey at a sporting event without the real possibility of being met with violence.

Rambo89

Awful, and as others have said it's not worth it. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

I'm pretty sure alcohol was involved.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

jimc

We are becoming a society of isolationists (oxymoron).  We are forgetting how to behave in public.

Thegratefulhead

2 families destroyed.

Men are stupid.

Over what?

Makes me sick.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Sem

So damn sad. It seems America has become increasingly tolerant of the many assholes that walk among us. Unfortunately I don't see that changing any time soon.

DaveBrown74

I'm not a lawyer but I have to think this is second degree murder, no? If you beat someone to a pulp and kill them in the process, that's not really what manslaughter is.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Sem on September 19, 2023, 11:44:24 AMSo damn sad. It seems America has become increasingly tolerant of the many assholes that walk among us. Unfortunately I don't see that changing any time soon.

It's not just America.  In the Premier League they have to have separate seating sections for supporters of the home team and supporters of the visitors.

Alcohol fueled.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 19, 2023, 01:25:38 PMIt's not just America.  In the Premier League they have to have separate seating sections for supporters of the home team and supporters of the visitors.

Alcohol fueled.

Excellent point. Soccer fans are not really better behaved than football fans.

madbadger

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 19, 2023, 11:50:42 AMI'm not a lawyer but I have to think this is second degree murder, no? If you beat someone to a pulp and kill them in the process, that's not really what manslaughter is.

It depends on a number of factors. Who threw the first punch and how many people were involved. If the deceased threw the first punch and several of his friends joined in then a case could be made the Fins fan was only defending himself. Giving the score one would think that it wasn't the Miami fan that started it.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: madbadger on September 19, 2023, 01:29:07 PMIt depends on a number of factors. Who threw the first punch and how many people were involved. If the deceased threw the first punch and several of his friends joined in then a case could be made the Fins fan was only defending himself. Giving the score one would think that it wasn't the Miami fan that started it.

Yeah no idea about any of the details. Hard to see the man responsible for this man's death walking away from this completely scot-free though. Clearly there were tons of witnesses and some video evidence though so they'll be able to get a good idea of what happened.

jimc

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 19, 2023, 01:31:24 PMYeah no idea about any of the details. Hard to see the man responsible for this man's death walking away from this completely scot-free though. Clearly there were tons of witnesses and some video evidence though so they'll be able to get a good idea of what happened.

Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of videos.......instead of clicking their cameras, perhaps someone should have stopped the fight.

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: AZGiantFan on September 19, 2023, 01:25:38 PMIt's not just America.  In the Premier League they have to have separate seating sections for supporters of the home team and supporters of the visitors.

Alcohol fueled.

They had this for decades.

You also can't consume alcohol and watch the game. That happens are all 4 levels of British football.