News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Survival League Results Week 2

Started by Ed Vette, September 19, 2023, 09:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Don't forget to get your picks in before the Thursday Night Giants game.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I got screwed by the new rules, as I usually make my picks on Saturday.  For the record (it's posted on the front porch) I would have taken Dallas (so I should still have 2 lives)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 19, 2023, 09:29:16 AMI got screwed by the new rules, as I usually make my picks on Saturday.  For the record (it's posted on the front porch) I would have taken Dallas (so I should still have 2 lives)
Or you could read the rules I posted on the thread. You screwed yourself. Own it.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 19, 2023, 09:41:47 AMOr you could read the rules I posted on the thread. You screwed yourself. Own it.

Ed,

I am not blaming you, because I appreciate how things unfolded, and the rules you set were not originally intended for our group (and they can't be changed).   That said, I am going to play along like I still have the 2 lives, and Dallas is off the board for me.  It may only matter to me, but Survivor Football is my favorite football fantasy game and I want to see how well I do.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DragonSoul

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 19, 2023, 11:56:04 AMEd,

I am not blaming you, because I appreciate how things unfolded, and the rules you set were not originally intended for our group (and they can't be changed).  That said, I am going to play along like I still have the 2 lives, and Dallas is off the board for me.  It may only matter to me, but Survivor Football is my favorite football fantasy game and I want to see how well I do.
I like the pick 'em. Survivor I think is easier if you always play strategically and go with the big guns. I tend to take risks lol.

But pick'em shows how all the "pro" fans pick'em. I still take some risks there. Ours is very close after two weeks. Impressive.