News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Jalin Hyatt hit 20.48 MPH

Started by Ed Vette, September 19, 2023, 08:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

True Blue

Impressive, I wasn't sure he could hit that speed in pads, but the tape don't lie. Now let's increase the snap count!

Ed Vette

I'd like to see him have a monster game where he's being featured. I can see him putting up 150 yards. I think they will build off of this.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

True Blue

He had 90 yards on a low count. 150yds is certainly doable with the opportunities on a good day

DaveBrown74

What's the normal drop-off in MPH from running in your underwear to running in full pads and a helmet? Wasn't he clocked at 24 mph at one point? I don't know what a normal drop-off from that in pads is for in-game speed.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 19, 2023, 08:53:26 PMWhat's the normal drop-off in MPH from running in your underwear to running in full pads and a helmet? Wasn't he clocked at 24 mph at one point? I don't know what a normal drop-off from that in pads is for in-game speed.
This will be your assignment for the week. We're looking forward to your report!  :smoking:
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 19, 2023, 08:51:26 PMI'd like to see him have a monster game where he's being featured. I can see him putting up 150 yards. I think they will build off of this.

I think it is very likely that will happen at some point.

But to look at it from a little different angle, Hyatt clearly had to slow down a little to adjust to the ball so when he caught it it he was at a little less than his top gear.  That gave the CB the chance to close on him from a particular angle slightly from his left.  So I ask NOT AS A CRITICISM of Hyatt but as a purely football question, if once he caught the ball could he have cut to his right to get a little more space from the CB?  Because based on what we've seen from him he has tremendous acceleration into his top gear and if he was able to get an extra step of post-catch separation from the CB it could have been off to the races.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Dgoodmantrublu

He plays faster than his combine time. A lot faster. I think he could be a #1 by next season.

Quote from: True Blue on September 19, 2023, 08:47:13 PMImpressive, I wasn't sure he could hit that speed in pads, but the tape don't lie. Now let's increase the snap count!

kingm56

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 19, 2023, 09:41:49 PMHe plays faster than his combine time. A lot faster. I think he could be a #1 by next season.

He just runs so effortlessly; his acceleration is just smooth, linear, and explosive.  You just can't teach those traits.  We finally have a wr who can stretch the def and open up the intermediary routes. 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: kingm56 on September 19, 2023, 09:53:25 PMHe just runs so effortlessly; his acceleration is just smooth, linear, and explosive.  You just can't teach those traits.  We finally have a wr who can stretch the def and open up the intermediary routes. 

Totally agree. He almost like he's trotting out there. And yet he's comfortably outrunning NFL corners. Makes it look effortless. A pleasure to watch.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 19, 2023, 10:06:19 PMTotally agree. He almost like he's trotting out there. And yet he's comfortably outrunning NFL corners. Makes it look effortless. A pleasure to watch.

It's most notable when they play off coverage and by the time they've turned he's 3 yards past them.  He is close to a freak, in the best possible sense.  But what's going to make him special is combining that speed with excellent hands and ball skills.  About the only thing he doesn't have, or at least hasn't shown yet, is after the catch shiftiness
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll