News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Concern and Comfort

Started by MightyGiants, September 23, 2023, 10:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Reflecting on the 49ers game, I have one serious concern and one thing that gives me some comfort.

MY CONCERN

Why did the Giants' defense forget how to tackle?  Here are the tackling culprits per PFF

All of them either were better tacklers in past seasons or came out of college with reputations of solid tacklers

SOME COMFORT

Take a look at the 49ers defense.  Is there an NFL team in the league that could face that elite front minus their two best pass-defending linemen?   

No wonder Jones' expression while scanning the 49ers' defense looked like he was scanning the four horsemen of the apocalypse. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

Pete Carroll spends a lot of time working on tackling technique

has YouTube videos on it

he teaches aiming for the belly button and then sliding your arms down to the legs like Brazillian JuJitsu

you can fake with your head, arms etc
you cannot wave your belly button around

Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

I know it's meant to be serious but I just laughed out loud at the thought of videos on the internet of Pete Carroll running at guys belly buttons.

uconnjack8

On Reddit I saw comments about the shine coming off McKethan.  Maybe it did a little, but it's the guys 2nd start against a very good NFL vet. 

There is very few guys in the league who didn't take their lumps at some point.

Jolly Blue Giant

I screamed at the TV more than once at the missed tackles in this game. If I was teaching a class of up-and-coming football players, I would keep this game film to show students exactly how not to tackle. Some of the missed tackles almost looked like the defender was trying to get out of the way to avoid the guy with the ball

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

RelaxTension

The bad tackling is a concern especially after they let their best tackler leave for a small contract.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

TDToomer

Quote from: RelaxTension on September 25, 2023, 09:19:07 AMThe bad tackling is a concern especially after they let their best tackler leave for a small contract.

Jordan Love?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs