News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

QB School- Brock Purdy Analysis

Started by Ed Vette, September 23, 2023, 11:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

An excellent breakdown. Shows his good and sloppy plays and poor decisions, how Receivers were schemed, how he dealt with the Blitz and identified the Hot Read, how shifts and play action froze Olinemen and brought up the Giants Linebackers to open up space. It's only 34 minutes long and I highly recommend it.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kartanoman

Thank you for sharing this. It makes you appreciate how much he has absorbed early into his second professional season. But, it also shows what a gifted group of athletes he has to throw to, as well as protect him.

The kid has the right temperament as a young quarterback who is still very much a sponge but can, for the most part, execute Shanahan's system and yield results. He won't always have the luxury of the line and talent of CMC, Deebo, Kittle and the others throughout his career. But he is in an ideal situation to develop into a consistent outstanding performer.

Finally, J.T. O'Sullivan was the 49ers' QB about 15 years ago. I remember the 2008 Giants beating him up in the old Giants Stadium but he kept fighting on. The Giants won that game 29-17, I think, but I remember he was a fighter that day.

Thanks again!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)