News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Niners Players Mock DJ

Started by Ed Vette, September 23, 2023, 03:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

If there's any truth to this it does show with how predictable Jones is in his decision making
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DragonSoul

Hope we see them again with a healthy and improved oline in the playoffs. They got lucky early, paid off the refs, and not one of our oline combined doesn't have a full season starting.

DragonSoul

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 23, 2023, 04:21:47 PMIf there's any truth to this it does show with how predictable Jones is in his decision making
Hmm, maybe the protection had something to do with it as well as the play calling. Same in Arizona, conservative first half & opened it up 2nd half.

Think most asked why they were dinking and dunking nearly all game. Then again, look at out oline starters and their experience. Not hard to figure out why, unfortunately.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 23, 2023, 04:29:30 PMHmm, maybe the protection had something to do with it as well as the play calling. Same in Arizona, conservative first half & opened it up 2nd half.

Think most asked why they were dinking and dunking nearly all game. Then again, look at out oline starters and their experience. Not hard to figure out why, unfortunately.
Exactly, he followed a game plan and he didn't call the plays or the personnel groups.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 23, 2023, 04:29:30 PMHmm, maybe the protection had something to do with it as well as the play calling. Same in Arizona, conservative first half & opened it up 2nd half.

Or maybe Jones has a habit of always looking for the Checkdowns instead of down field.

DragonSoul

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 23, 2023, 04:43:25 PMOr maybe Jones has a habit of always looking for the Checkdowns instead of down field.
Yeah maybe, as one of the most accurate deep passers around. Under Pat he got the nickname Danny Dimes for throwing deep and accurate passes not dinks. But sure.

And on a serious note, if he has limited protection I can't blame him unless u want him to get killed. Some couldn't get open fast enough, some dropped passes (and another int from a wr can't bring in the catch), a lot of bad pass pro, and sure some are on him, like any other qb. Clean up the pass pro and u will see a different DJ. Not sure what is hard to understand... But sure, let's kick him to the curb & that defense was no help either.

MagicRat

Whatever the deal with Jones,some pretty classless sh1t (if the unattributed quotes are accurate).

They bought some success pre cap, screw them.

But file this for now......
Smell my cheese you mother!

Rambo89

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 23, 2023, 04:56:40 PMYeah maybe, as one of the most accurate deep passers around. Under Pat he got the nickname Danny Dimes for throwing deep and accurate passes not dinks. But sure.

And on a serious note, if he has limited protection I can't blame him unless u want him to get killed. Some couldn't get open fast enough, some dropped passes (and another int from a wr can't bring in the catch), a lot of bad pass pro, and sure some are on him, like any other qb. Clean up the pass pro and u will see a different DJ. Not sure what is hard to understand... But sure, let's kick him to the curb & that defense was no help either.

Again this isn't about his arm strength or accuracy.  It's about his pocket awareness and instincts lacking.

MightyGiants

Not surprised, coming from players who have mastered the cheap shot.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DragonSoul

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 23, 2023, 05:09:55 PMAgain this isn't about his arm strength or accuracy.  It's about his pocket awareness and instincts lacking.
I know what you were getting at, but I guess you missed what I was getting at. If we had a solid oline and he did as he was doing, then I would tend to agree with you, but what consistent oline have we had that was also solid over the last few years?

Our oline started to decline when we won our last SB, I was calling for upgrades back then, and since then, we have never really had a solid/trustworthy oline that our QB's could rely on.

I lived through Kent, Brown, Danny & u saw they had no awareness or real traits. I wanted them gone fairly early based on that. I will call out players that should be gone and others that need a chance. As Mara said, they did everything they could to screw up DJ. Their biggest need is to get that oline straight.

Rambo89

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 23, 2023, 05:13:23 PMI know what you were getting at, but I guess you missed what I was getting at. If we had a solid oline and he did as he was doing, then I would tend to agree with you, but what consistent oline have we had that was also solid over the last few years?

Our oline started to decline when we won our last SB, I was calling for upgrades back then, and since then, we have never really had a solid/trustworthy oline that our QB's could rely on.

I lived through Kent, Brown, Danny & u saw they had no awareness or real traits. I wanted them gone fairly early based on that. I will call out players that should be gone and others that need a chance. As Mara said, they did everything they could to screw up DJ. Their biggest need is to get that oline straight.

If it's always about what's around Daniel Jones and never about him then it tells me he's not ever going to be elite.  Yes, he has proven he can be a solid average QB.  He's not awful but not great.

Difference between the guys you mentioned and Jones is that Jones has better physical skills than they do but his pocket awareness and instincts are just as lacking as theirs were.  I hate to tell John Mara but no matter how much he tries to find the next Eli looking for a QB with a similar personality there is only one Eli.  Find a QB with the full skill set rather than another Eli.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 23, 2023, 05:31:22 PMIf it's always about what's around Daniel Jones and never about him then it tells me he's not ever going to be elite.  Yes, he has proven he can be a solid average QB.  He's not awful but not great.

Difference between the guys you mentioned and Jones is that Jones has better physical skills than they do but his pocket awareness and instincts are just as lacking as theirs were.  I hate to tell John Mara but no matter how much he tries to find the next Eli looking for a QB with a similar personality there is only one Eli.  Find a QB with the full skill set rather than another Eli.

Properly protected, like Eli was in 2007 and 2008, Daniel Jones is the better QB than Eli in the regular season. It remains to be seen what the post season unfolds. Even Eli crapped out in win or out playoff games. The jury is still out.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 23, 2023, 05:42:43 PMProperly protected, like Eli was in 2007 and 2008, Daniel Jones is the better QB than Eli in the regular season. It remains to be seen what the post season unfolds. Even Eli crapped out in win or out playoff games. The jury is still out.

Eli didn't have a good offensive line until 2008.  His first few seasons it was hardly great. 

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 23, 2023, 05:58:51 PMEli didn't have a good offensive line until 2008.  His first few seasons it was hardly great. 
he had a good Offensive Line a year after Snee was drafted and they brought in Mac and O'Hara. Diehl and Suebert were excellent players. I put this line up against the Suburbanites any day.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin