News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Around the NFL: Week 3

Started by DaveBrown74, September 24, 2023, 12:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Anyone think we are beating Buffalo or the dolphins after today? The dolphins didn't even have waddle.

T200

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 24, 2023, 07:03:42 PMAnyone think we are beating Buffalo or the dolphins after today? The dolphins didn't even have waddle.
Yes. Anything can happen in the NFL.

Cards are getting ready to pull off an upset against Dallas.

I don't care what rosters are stronger or weaker. I don't care who's favored. The games are won and lost on the field.

So yeah, I think the Giants can beat both of them.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

So men, maybe Cards aren't the worst team in the league and tanking as I've been reading.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

I'm happy for Gannon and Dobbs. It was nice seeing the young HC run off the field trying to hold back a xxxx eating grin. Good for them.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

Sometimes it's the matchups.  Cards interior OL was able to control the 1st half.  Was fun watching Will Hernandez execute a successful run block and Micah Parsons.

Denver's D looked like they never got off the plane.

SD won despite their idiot coach going for it on 4th at their 24 , up 4 with under 2 minutes.   Might be the dumbest call I have ever seen.

Young QBs need to learn to slide.

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 24, 2023, 07:28:02 PMSometimes it's the matchups.  Cards interior OL was able to control the 1st half.  Was fun watching Will Hernandez execute a successful run block and Micah Parsons.

Denver's D looked like they never got off the plane.

SD won despite their idiot coach going for it on 4th at their 24 , up 4 with under 2 minutes.   Might be the dumbest call I have ever seen.

Young QBs need to learn to slide.

It was a stupid call and he's lucky he didn't lose the game.

Today was further evidence to how teams come into a game with passion and energy. Teams won on physicality.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Saw something rare in the Dolphins game besides the score.

Miami WR Chosen caught a TD pass from backup QB Mike White. Chosen wasn't wearing any gloves! He caught the ball with his bare hands! Refreshing to see.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

kartanoman

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 24, 2023, 07:24:46 PMI'm happy for Gannon and Dobbs. It was nice seeing the young HC run off the field trying to hold back a xxxx eating grin. Good for them.

Ossenfort and Gannon have only taken baby steps in rebuilding the Cardinals and may realize they would be better off without Murray when it is all said and done. It will be interesting to see what happens once he's cleared to practice.

Taking out Dallas was a good start to their 2023 campaign. Hoping they can better represent themselves against the 49ers next week than the Giants did this week.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Philosophers

All I know is I had Achane on my two fantasy teams and today he exploded for 51 points.  Ouch!!!

With his 18 carries for 203 yards, I think he has now played himself into the lineup more

TDToomer

Quote from: Philosophers on September 24, 2023, 09:44:33 PMAll I know is I had Achane on my two fantasy teams and today he exploded for 51 points.  Ouch!!!

With his 18 carries for 203 yards, I think he has now played himself into the lineup more

Ouch because he was on your bench?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

True Blue

Quote from: Philosophers on September 24, 2023, 09:44:33 PMAll I know is I had Achane on my two fantasy teams and today he exploded for 51 points.  Ouch!!!

I have the top waiver this week, I'm definitely adding him. He won't do that again, but can easily get plenty of 10-15pt games and potentially more, especially with Nosterts i jury history

Rambo89

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 24, 2023, 07:03:42 PMAnyone think we are beating Buffalo or the dolphins after today? The dolphins didn't even have waddle.

Giants aren't as dysfunctional as the Broncos are but still Miami is going to be an extremely tough game especially if they can't get the defense figured out vs Seattle.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 25, 2023, 06:31:37 AMGiants aren't as dysfunctional as the Broncos are but still Miami is going to be an extremely tough game especially if they can't get the defense figured out vs Seattle.

I agree.

I think to expect anything better than 2-4 after 6 games is being pretty ambitious. Nothing wrong with hoping, and I certainly hope it's better than that, but realistically to think we're winning in Buffalo or Miami seems a little far-fetched. Plus beating Seattle isn't even a given. Maybe we beat Seattle and then get lucky with one of those AFC teams not taking us seriously and we catch them off guard, but I'm not hanging my hat on that.

Thing is, if we're 2-4, while that's not a good record at all, we're not necessarily 100% toast. There are still paths where we can make the playoffs from that point, and we do have a young team that could get better during the season. So it's not curtains at 2-4, but I think that's probably the most likely record for us after week 6 if I'm being totally honest.

Rambo89

You're right DB beating Seattle isn't a given but it's definitely a game the Giants need to win if they expect to play meaningful games in December
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 25, 2023, 06:54:22 AMYou're right DB beating Seattle isn't a given but it's definitely a game the Giants need to win if they expect to play meaningful games in December

Helps a little that Seattle has won two in a row. At 2-1 they don't really "need" this game as much as we do.

They also have to play in Cincy the following week so they might look past us a little.