News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones does not seem to be involved in in-game adjustments

Started by BluesCruz, September 24, 2023, 05:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

He needs to get in the face of Daboll in game. Call a sideline huddle with your linemen

Sitting by himself on the bench reminds me of a guy willing to go with the flow and collect his check

there were many adjusments like hurry up, option plays, screens, flea flickers, rolling pockets etc that could have broken SFO's stranglehold at least to some extent

At 40,000,000 dollars we need to see some downfield passing

He is too passive IMHO, no fire in his belly in that game- seemed resigned to his fate

NOT ACCEPTABLE DAN!!!

Generally I have been supportive of Jones but I'm beginning to question that- oline or no oline

Contrast that with Phil Simms sideline discussions with Parcells- day and night different

Be a leader man- fight for the right plays, don't just follow instructions like a robot

You are financially secure for life- what do you have to lose?
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Ed Vette

He needs to give feedback to Daboll and Kafka as to what he sees so they can adjust. He also needs to kill a play if it's not right.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bigmoose

How do you know he doesn't give this feedback.  How do you know he is not limited in changing the play call at the line of scrimmage?

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 24, 2023, 05:22:41 PMHe needs to give feedback to Daboll and Kafka as to what he sees so they can adjust. He also needs to kill a play if it's not right.

Exactly Ed....how many times did we see Simms slam his helmet at Parcells feet and I think Parcells was happy to see that.  Jones is smart enough that if I were his HC I'd give him great leeway at changing pplays

One of the funniest things Ive ever seen in the NFL was one time Parcells pulled Jim Burt out of the scrum and
Burt (out of his mind) shoved Parcells in the back.  Bill just ignored him.  One thing you cannot criticize Daboll on is his passion- whole head turns red and he screams and kicks the turf.  Would love to see Jones throw a tantrum once in a while....he is too reserved IMHO.  Its a passionate sport

BluesCruz

Quote from: Bigmoose on September 24, 2023, 05:29:24 PMHow do you know he doesn't give this feedback.  How do you know he is not limited in changing the play call at the line of scrimmage?

I dont know..... but the body language tells me differently

Trench

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 24, 2023, 05:01:04 PMHe needs to get in the face of Daboll in game. Call a sideline huddle with your linemen

Sitting by himself on the bench reminds me of a guy willing to go with the flow and collect his check

there were many adjusments like hurry up, option plays, screens, flea flickers, rolling pockets etc that could have broken SFO's stranglehold at least to some extent

At 40,000,000 dollars we need to see some downfield passing

He is too passive IMHO, no fire in his belly in that game- seemed resigned to his fate

NOT ACCEPTABLE DAN!!!

Generally I have been supportive of Jones but I'm beginning to question that- oline or no oline

Contrast that with Phil Simms sideline discussions with Parcells- day and night different

Be a leader man- fight for the right plays, don't just follow instructions like a robot

You are financially secure for life- what do you have to lose?

Blues - we rarely if ever agree. Not to say one of us is right or wrong... I think there is a lot of merit in your post.  Jones clearly plays better when he is fired up!...go look at the tape. You are right on point here.

How about calling a damn audible!...does he do that ever??????

DragonSoul

If he isn't that is a damn shame and he should be. But I recall them saying that they go over plays based on what the coaches and DJ like and go from there.

Jclayton92

I don't ever hear Jones audible, may just be me but always just hear him say go.

Rambo89

Quote from: Jclayton92 on September 24, 2023, 07:05:54 PMI don't ever hear Jones audible, may just be me but always just hear him say go.

I don't either but I am not sure if that is by design in terms of the responsibility the coaches have given him or if he has the option but just doesn't utilize it.  So I can't question or not question it until that part is confirmed.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 24, 2023, 07:07:30 PMI don't either but I am not sure if that is by design in terms of the responsibility the coaches have given him or if he has the option but just doesn't utilize it.  So I can't question or not question it until that part is confirmed.
Agreed but the sideline snapshots and camera clicks, breed questions. They could be anomalies but this is one of the reasons why I hate the OC up in a booth. Can't get a feel for the game, but that's just me.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 24, 2023, 07:16:03 PMAgreed but the sideline snapshots and camera clicks, breed questions. They could be anomalies but this is one of the reasons why I hate the OC up in a booth. Can't get a feel for the game, but that's just me.

Im losing faith in this coaching staff

Limeaux?  if it aint broke why fix it?
no run plays
no gadget plays
no moving pocket

Wink did a decent job but Daboll/Kafka was a play call disaster

stubborn,stick to the proccess,packages?   "didnt use Hyatt because it did not come up????  What the heck???
no mid game adjustments

terrible, just pathetic. Joe Judge could have done better

True Blue

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 25, 2023, 01:30:08 PMIm losing faith in this coaching staff

no run plays
no gadget plays
no moving pocket

stubborn,stick to the proccess,packages?   "didnt use Hyatt because it did not come up????  What the heck???
no mid game adjustments

I was semi with you until the Joe Judge comment

Rambo89

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 25, 2023, 01:30:08 PMIm losing faith in this coaching staff

no run plays
no gadget plays
no moving pocket

no mid game adjustments

If Joe Judge could have done better he would still be coaching the Giants or some other team in the league instead of him being a Belichick assistant again.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Bob In PA

In general, it's too soon & a bit of an over-reaction to engage in this type of talk this early in the season. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

BluesCruz