News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones does not seem to be involved in in-game adjustments

Started by BluesCruz, September 24, 2023, 05:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Skinner today broke down a couple Jones plays where he had open receivers and didn't make the correct read and/or take the shot to Hyatt. I personally believe he is too locked on them but it could be he isn't reading quick enough. In any event, Skinner explains what type adjustment can be made within these plays. Let's hope Jones can do it.

I believe he can.

Dgoodmantrublu

There is no way the starter of this thread knows what they claim to know.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 25, 2023, 10:42:46 PMThere is no way the starter of this thread knows what they claim to know.

I have to agree.  Way too much speculation being passed off as fact.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Quote from: Trench on September 25, 2023, 09:28:57 PMSkinner today broke down a couple Jones plays where he had open receivers and didn't make the correct read and/or take the shot to Hyatt. I personally believe he is too locked on them but it could be he isn't reading quick enough. In any event, Skinner explains what type adjustment can be made within these plays. Let's hope Jones can do it.

I believe he can.

I have definitely seen a few plays with Hyatt and Waller wide open and he never even looked their way, plays are definitely being left on the table, even with time to throw.

T200

Quote from: Dgoodmantrublu on September 25, 2023, 10:42:46 PMThere is no way the starter of this thread knows what they claim to know.

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 26, 2023, 09:12:51 AMI have to agree.  Way too much speculation being passed off as fact.

I didn't see any claims of fact other than the OP's own perspective. The thread title says "... does not seem..."

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Agree or disagree but it's not fair to reframe it how you see it and then argue against that point.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: True Blue on September 26, 2023, 09:15:16 AMI have definitely seen a few plays with Hyatt and Waller wide open and he never even looked their way, plays are definitely being left on the table, even with time to throw.

Part of the problem is when the pass protection is putrid, it forces a QB to have a very short internal clock.  So if DJ's clock is set to 2 seconds, it's going to result in plays being missed.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

You are right about that but we see no enduring evidence to the contrary....just endless sideline shots of Jones sitting alone in yet another listless embarassing defeat

I get it....he has somewhat of a robotic personality, but come on man.

In games where he has gotten fired up and run it himself with extreme guts, the outcome has usually been terrific

He, however, cannot carry the team on his back.  The play calling has been as predictable as the sun rising in the morning.  Thats bad coaching, not execution per se
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Rambo89

Quote from: BluesCruz on September 26, 2023, 09:18:25 AMYou are right about that but we see no enduring evidence to the contrary....just endless sideline shots of Jones sitting alone in yet another listless embarassing defeat

I get it....he has somewhat of a robotic personality, but come on man.

In games where he has gotten fired up and run it himself with extreme guts, the outcome has usually been terrific

He, however, cannot carry the team on his back.  The play calling has been as predictable as the sun rising in the morning.  Thats bad coaching, not execution per se

We've seen no evidence either way as to whether Jones has been given the ability to audible out of plays or whether he doesn't.  We can speculate but until this is confirmed no one outside of that locker room knows.  I wish one of the beat reports would ask Daboll and or Kafka that question.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on September 26, 2023, 09:17:04 AMI didn't see any claims of fact other than the OP's own perspective. The thread title says "... does not seem..."

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Agree or disagree but it's not fair to reframe it how you see it and then argue against that point.

Tim,

I am not a big fan of overstated opinions.  Unless he was at the game and was watching the sideline for the full game, there were a lot of claims being made based on probably less than a minute of actual footage as to what was happening on the Giants' sidelines.

I would suggest this was more a belief (a view not supported by fact) than an opinion that is based on fact.  Much like Schoen seeks out players who are smart, tough, and dependable, BBH seeks out posts that are friendly/civil, well-informed, and sound.  I think the standard is higher for a new thread than a response.  We should be striving for high-quality discussion, not threads that are just wild speculation.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 26, 2023, 09:17:50 AMPart of the problem is when the pass protection is putrid, it forces a QB to have a very short internal clock.  So if DJ's clock is set to 2 seconds, it's going to result in plays being missed.

Like I said, the plays I have seen he had time to get to ball to them.

If his internal clock is messed up from previous plays and can't shake it off, or forces a pass after 2 seconds cause of protection on previous plays/games, that is strictly a Daniel Jones issue in that instance if the protection is there on a given play.

We can't blame the OL for DJ not making plays in the times they actually give him a pocket, even if it's inconsistent, when plays are there he has to make the throws. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: True Blue on September 26, 2023, 09:28:50 AMLike I said, the plays I have seen he had time to get to ball to them.

If his internal clock is messed up from previous plays and can't shake it off, or forces a pass after 2 seconds cause of protection on previous plays/games, that is strictly a Daniel Jones issue in that instance if the protection is there on a given play.

We can't blame the OL for DJ not making plays in the times they actually give him a pocket, even if it's inconsistent, when plays are there he has to make the throws. 

The problem is that the clock "isn't messed up" if it's correct 90% of the time.  The problem is there is nothing to shake off, because the clock is matching the what the protection is giving.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 26, 2023, 09:24:29 AMTim,

I am not a big fan of overstated opinions.  Unless he was at the game and was watching the sideline for the full game, there were a lot of claims being made based on probably less than a minute of actual footage as to what was happening on the Giants' sidelines.

I would suggest this was more a belief (a view not supported by fact) than an opinion that is based on fact. Much like Schoen seeks out players who are smart, tough, and dependable, BBH seeks out posts that are friendly/civil, well-informed, and sound.  I think the standard is higher for a new thread than a response.  We should be striving for high-quality discussion, not threads that are just wild speculation.
I understand where you're going, Rich. Everyone has their own communication style. If you want posters who have a certain 'style', you're going to be left with a handful of people here.

But again, you're framing his statement to fit your view. Accept it for what it is and respond accordingly. That's all I'm saying. When someone shows/tells you who they are - believe them.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on September 26, 2023, 09:30:32 AMI understand where you're going, Rich. Everyone has their own communication style. If you want posters who have a certain 'style', you're going to be left with a handful of people here.

But again, you're framing his statement to fit your view. Accept it for what it is and respond accordingly. That's all I'm saying. When someone shows/tells you who they are - believe them.

Tim, the title of this thread:

Daniel Jones does not seem to be involved in in-game adjustments

@Dgoodmantrublu is correct in his assertion about the poster having no way of knowing this.   The poster has literally heard none of the discussions between Jones and the coaching staff. It's literally fact-free speculation. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: True Blue on September 26, 2023, 09:28:50 AMLike I said, the plays I have seen he had time to get to ball to them.

I watched a bit of the Chargers Vikings game and saw Justin Herbert under pressure for most of the game while at the same time making plays.  That's the difference between an elite QB and an average one. 
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 26, 2023, 09:34:33 AMI watched a bit of the Chargers Vikings game and saw Justin Herbert under pressure for most of the game while at the same time making plays.  That's the difference between an elite QB and an average one.

I agree, that also does not mean DJ is bad or not a good QB, cause he is a good QB.

But the great ones makes things happen, we definitely have had missed opportunities left on the field