News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT How bout those Cowboys!!!

Started by Jaime, September 24, 2023, 07:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 25, 2023, 10:00:23 AMSeattle didnt make any excuses without several starters this week.

In fairness, just because some teams overcome injuries (made easier when the other team's starting QB isn't playing due to injury), doesn't really negate the reality that injuries create disadvantages to NFL teams.

On a side note-  I really liked Joshua Dobbs when he came out of college.  I was surprised he ended up a journeyman and didn't enjoy more success.  I am happy to see he is taking advantage of finally getting a chance to be a starting QB.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 25, 2023, 10:13:40 AMIn fairness, just because some teams overcome injuries (made easier when the other team's starting QB isn't playing due to injury), doesn't really negate the reality that injuries create disadvantages to NFL teams.

On a side note-  I really liked Joshua Dobbs when he came out of college.  I was surprised he ended up a journeyman and didn't enjoy more success.  I am happy to see he is taking advantage of finally getting a chance to be a starting QB.
If I were the Jets, I'd be accepting calls from the Cards for Murray.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DragonSoul

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 25, 2023, 10:28:01 AMIf I were the Jets, I'd be accepting calls from the Cards for Murray.
You really want Murray? He, Lamar, and Fields I'm not sold on. They have their legs and use mainly the center of the field. They are generally not good at throwing all the parts of the field, more so the sideline and deep. This year will be telling for some as will next year.

I agree, Dobbs looks interesting. A team may take a shot at him if the cards go another way and he continues to fight and play well.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 25, 2023, 10:37:38 AMYou really want Murray? He, Lamar, and Fields are not sold on. They have their legs and use mainly the center of the field. They are generally not good at throwing all the parts of the field, more so the sideline and deep. This year will be telling for some as will next year.
Me? I'm not a Jet fan. But if they want to salvage their season, he's light years better than Wilson. The Cards want to dump him so isn't a 4th worth it?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 25, 2023, 10:28:01 AMIf I were the Jets, I'd be accepting calls from the Cards for Murray.

You're not the only one thinking the Jets need to fill the void at QB

https://x.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1706045797974806828?s=20

I will say this: if I were the GM, I would stand pat this season and let the chips fall where they may.  Draft or acquire a QB next season.  Trying to fix the problem by acquiring a badly flawed QB like Murray (who ever heard of a homework clause in a QB contract?) almost never works out (from what I have seen).
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 25, 2023, 10:40:41 AMYou're not the only one thinking the Jets need to fill the void at QB

https://x.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1706045797974806828?s=20

I will say this: if I were the GM, I would stand pat this season and let the chips fall where they may.  Draft or acquire a QB next season.  Trying to fix the problem by acquiring a badly flawed QB like Murray (who ever heard of a homework clause in a QB contract?) almost never works out (from what I have seen).
Well that's a motley crew. Colt may be the best in the group after Ryan. Maybe Foles has some magic left.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DragonSoul

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 25, 2023, 10:40:11 AMMe? I'm not a Jet fan. But if they want to salvage their season, he's light years better than Wilson. The Cards want to dump him so isn't a 4th worth it?
Guess I can see that, but how much of an upgrade is that? Not to mention they mortgaged their future with the picks they had to give up for Rodgers.

Is their headache...

Rambo89

With the Vikings 0-3 start and Cousins due to be a FA after the season it makes sense that he would be a fit for the Jets.  But even at 0-3 in the NFC North the Vikings aren't out of it so not sure if they're ready to give up their season.  But maybe if they lose to Carolina this upcoming week leaving them at 0-4 it pushes them to look to dump Cousins.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

TDToomer

Why would any team reach out to Josh Rosen? All of those other QBS were pure #1 QBS who aged out (except Kap off course). Rosen has been bouncing around practice squads the past few seasons. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Ed Vette

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 25, 2023, 10:47:55 AMGuess I can see that, but how much of an upgrade is that? Not to mention they mortgaged their future with the picks they had to give up for Rodgers.

Is their headache...
I believe the $97 million in dead caps falls on Az. They can keep him or cut him next year before the $18 million guaranteed kicks in. I think he's better than any FA out there.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DragonSoul

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 25, 2023, 10:58:10 AMI believe the $97 million in dead caps falls on Az. They can keep him or cut him next year before the $18 million guaranteed kicks in. I think he's better than any FA out there.
He may be tbh. However, I see him more as a flyer and similar to Baker Mayfield.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 25, 2023, 11:04:46 AMHe may be tbh. However, I see him more as a flyer and similar to Baker Mayfield.
I look at how close that NE game was and what they needed to do against Xallas. He doesn't need to be Aaron Rodgers. Just move the ball and score some TD's. I realize he's never going to be an elite QB. The Jets talent and him can work. That said, it's never gonna happen. Because they are the Jets.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 25, 2023, 10:51:00 AMWith the Vikings 0-3 start and Cousins due to be a FA after the season it makes sense that he would be a fit for the Jets.  But even at 0-3 in the NFC North the Vikings aren't out of it so not sure if they're ready to give up their season.  But maybe if they lose to Carolina this upcoming week leaving them at 0-4 it pushes them to look to dump Cousins.

If the Jets seriously want to go for it this season Cousins is the best answer IMO. Obviously, they will need the Vikes to be amenable to a trade, but I think they might be at this point.

Cousins isn't Aaron Rodgers, but he's a good QB and one they can definitely be very competitive with given the rest of their roster. If they're really going for it, I don't see a better solution than this, as far as anything that's feasible goes.

Painter

Is the horse named "NFL Predictability" dead yet, or do we need to beat on it for another week?

While it's always pleasing to see Dak and Girls lay an egg, and to fully appreciate that the J-E-T-S are once again "without a QB", it was the Broncos record-setting debacle that turned everything on its head.

It's not just that it made the Giants Week 1 game against the Cows seem competitive, it's the out of bounds bleakness of having the League's 2nd highest paid HC and a clearly fading QB also named Wilson but with a much, much higher price tag.

But then as the Broncs play DaBears next week, it should make predicting pretty much a 50/50. At least, somebody will finally win... if it doesn't end in tie.

Of course, it might also be said that Giants fans opinions should be muted at best given that Our Heroes 2nd worst points differential through 3 games falls right between that of the Broncos and Bears.

Cheers!

for one more week?

Woody

Cowboys show us all again what their problem is. They thought the Arizona game was going to be a walk thru practice....and of course DAk, he seems to always come up small when his team needs him ...
Jerre got caught napping and reading how good his team is.