News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT How bout those Cowboys!!!

Started by Jaime, September 24, 2023, 07:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Wonder what we could get from the Jests for Tyrod?

"Wink"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

goNets

Has acquiring a QB during the season, ever worked out for the team in a hat same season?  Seems a lot to expect of a team, not to mention the QB.

LennG

The Jets don't need a future QB, they need a stopgap for one year. As was said, they're just too talented to hand it to Wilson and hope he can produce. PLUS, if anyone watched the Jets game, they sure didn't help him succeed. The playcalling was so predictable, even Romo would have liked to get down there and give the OC a kick in the butt. At least give him a chance with a legit offensive game plan. If you don't trust him to win a game, why in hell is he on the team?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on September 25, 2023, 08:22:46 PMThe Jets don't need a future QB

They don't? Rodgers turns 40 in a couple months, and it's hardly a given he will come back in good form from this injury if at all. Zach Wilson is a confirmed bust. If you're the Jets and there's a QB you like in the first round who is available to you, why wouldn't you take him? Even if Rodgers plays next year, how long is he going to last?

uconnjack8

Jets need more than just a QB.  Their OL pass blocks poorly.

If they are going to pursue a QB it should be someone who is mobil.  Cousins would be a mistake IMO. 

The run game can help, but I think they will still need someone who can move around and buy time in the passing game. 

DaveBrown74

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 25, 2023, 08:53:13 PMJets need more than just a QB.  Their OL pass blocks poorly.

If they are going to pursue a QB it should be someone who is mobil.  Cousins would be a mistake IMO. 

The run game can help, but I think they will still need someone who can move around and buy time in the passing game. 

They don't have the luxury of picking amongst a wide array of QBs who aren't complete scrubs. I get that Cousins may not be the perfect fit, and I would agree with that, but if they're trying to get the best possible results this season nobody else who could feasibly be available is in his league, with the exception of Kyler Murray, who is a huge can of worms because of his contract. Cousins on the other hand is nice and clean. You get him for this year and then you can move on (ie revert to Rodgers). With Murray you're buying in to a huge albatross contract not to mention all the drama.