News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: At least the cardinals werent tanking

Started by ralphpal1, September 24, 2023, 11:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphpal1

We are 1.5 games behind since we lost the only divisonal game
But the cardinals were not tanking as we see
So we did come back for real
So this week they have to get into the mindset this is a new season
Lets win some games
If we lose this week it just shows we are not good enough
Blood is in the water
Who is going to take it

Jaime

Giant Obsession

Well, we got TEN captains, but do we have ANY leaders ??????

I think this 10 captain stuff is pure B.S......at least on this team.

Time for some internal toughness to either develop or rise up.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

DaveBrown74

I think sometimes fans misuse the word "tank" in reference to a team's approach to an NFL season.

I don't think there are really ever times where the players being put on the field actively try to lose or are told to make mistakes or not try their hardest. That doesn't happen. That would never get kept secret, and that's just not something any owner or GM would want to risk.

What does happen though is teams will trade away vets for draft picks and free up cap space in future years. So they'll deliberately put lesser players on the field than they could have if they were maxing themselves out for the current year. To me that's what "tanking" means. And plenty of teams do that. I don't think any owner, GM, or coach is actually telling the players who they send on the field to try to lose. That's fantasy land. It's about who they put on the field, not what they tell the players to do.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Jim

Why would anyone think a team would be tanking from the 1st or 2nd game, especially with the lawsuit by Brian Flores on going?

kartanoman

Look, I spent the better part of last year calling the Cardinals a dumpster fire because that's exactly what they were at the time.

They have a new GM (Ossenfort who, in case you forgot, was a strong candidate for the Giants' GM role), new head coach in Gannon, and maybe the best thing that could have happened in Murray being on the injured reserve for a good chunk of the season to allow Dobbs a chance to start fresh on a new team.

They've played competitively in all three games against NFC East teams so far. They'll have a much more difficult time against San Francisco this weekend but it will be a good litmus test against a 49er team that toyed with the Giants.

The Cardinals are NOT a tanking team by any stretch!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

andrew_nyGiants

Quote from: Giant Obsession on September 25, 2023, 03:25:19 AMWell, we got TEN captains, but do we have ANY leaders ??????

I think this 10 captain stuff is pure B.S......at least on this team.

Time for some internal toughness to either develop or rise up.
A) LOVE THIS!

B) I vote that out of the 10 Captains, we select 2 Generals, one for each 5 Captains and let's start LEADING from the front to the back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!