News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Carl Banks calls out the team

Started by MightyGiants, September 25, 2023, 07:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Sixteen minutes of repeating himself and I had to shut it off.

Sorry Carl, I know you're right however this is the result when you don't have a practice and go three days of walkthroughs. This is the result when you have ten team Captains and no leaders. Lack of wolves? Nobody but McFadden was playing like "Crazed dogs". And he showed up because he had such a lousy game against the Cards, he feared for his job.

Yes, they know how to tackle but they also have to be prepared physically and mentally even in a short week. You want to punch them in the mouth? Run the fucking ball. You want to make plays? Don't play not to get hurt because you will get hurt. Too many "business decisions". Waller has suddenly become Larry Donnell 2.0? Parris Campbell has .5 YAC? Jalin Hyatt gives up on his routes when the ball ain't coming his way? Daniel Jones hears footsteps in a clean pocket? It's been drilled into him not to create turnovers, so no wonder he doesn't take chances and hang in there that half second to throw that leap of faith that Hyatt will get open.

They have no fire and they don't match the intensity of the other team coming out of the tunnel. Who's that on? Deebo and CMC, had that fire and intensity and it doesn't matter how many wolves are pouncing if the intensity isn't matched.

I'll say it again, not running the ball was a huge mistake. There was no fear in play action. They didn't create space by bringing up the Linebackers and the Defensive Line had no pause in their pass rush. They were fresh in the 4th quarter and the Giants were spent. Give up on the run because you're afraid you can't succeed against your opponent? Really?

You're right, they forgot what it took to get themselves to the playoffs last year. After a month of pitch and catch with all the shiny new hood ornaments, they expected to blow the competition away with ease and they didn't need to risk contact in preseason games. Who's that on, Carl?

Sorry bro, this team was woefully unprepared to enter the season and it became a virus.

Locker room leaders need to step up and I don't care if it's a Rookie in JMS who gets in their face or if it's Ward. If the Captains can't motivate their players, get new captains and Coach Daboll, it's time to stop being their friend and kick their ass. That includes your Oline Coach and your OC who needs to get his ass on the field so he has a feel for the game and he can talk to his QB and review the previous series on the IPad with him, instead of him moping on the corner of the bench all by himself.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DragonSoul

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 25, 2023, 07:17:00 AM
They keep changing their podcast names and in the past have been erratic with their podcast releases. Big let down. Hopefully, they finally fixed those issues.