News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Jimmy G vs DJ

Started by Ed Vette, September 25, 2023, 09:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Ability: Jimmy
Availability: Danny
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on September 25, 2023, 09:43:39 AMAbility: Jimmy
Availability: Danny
I don't see how the Raiders thought he was an upgrade over Carr.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 25, 2023, 09:46:33 AMI don't see how the Raiders thought he was an upgrade over Carr.

I think McDaniels specifically wanted Jimmy G, because he had success in his system.   Carr seemed somewhat lost last year.  That's on the coach more than the player IMHO, but I think that's why they made that swap.

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 25, 2023, 09:46:33 AMI don't see how the Raiders thought he was an upgrade over Carr.
He wasn't. Uconn nailed it.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rambo89

This is a tough call.  I think they are pretty even though Jimmy G has been even more injury prone than Jones.  With age you probably lean towards Jones being the younger player.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

Probably Jones, Jimmy G is made of glass, is older, and has been bouncing around a bit for a reason. Talent wise they are somewhat similar probably in the same tier. But DJ is higher in that tier

TDToomer

Kind of ironic that both Carr and Garafalo got injured on the same day.
I can't believe Brian Hoyer is the Raiders backup. How old is he now?
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs