News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

After what we saw this past weekend we have hope!

Started by DragonSoul, September 25, 2023, 11:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSoul

We all know what needs to be addressed/fixed going into the next game and hopefully with some of our injured players coming back and some shuffling, we can get to it.

Our first half schedule as we know is rough. If we can survive and improve along the way and the oline can finally be settled and gel we have a chance.

The Cowboys got beat by the cards that everyone was pouring how bad we are because we just beat them. I wonder what that narrative will be this week to defend the Cowboys.

Redskins got smacked when they played a good team and barely won playing two teams that are not playing well.

The Eagles are still the team to beat but they don't look the same, they beat teams that are also not top tier and have the 29th leading offense but a top 5 defense. And Hurts hasn't been playing well.

I stated it was early in the season and the Cards game wasn't a do-or-die game but a game that would have been great to get. Considering how our schedule looked and the injuries it would have been tough to beat SF but I believe there was a chance for it at moments. Tackling was horrendous.

I do think getting the ship right vs. Seattle will be big. Then we take it from there on.

Ed Vette

They better win, because there is no way they beat Miami or Buffalo with the way their playing. Slice and dice.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DragonSoul

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 25, 2023, 11:04:31 AMThey better win, because there is no way they beat Miami or Buffalo with the way their playing. Slice and dice.
Well if they continue to play as they have and don't correct their internal issues I agree 100%. Yet if they get close to it all being on the same page, then Any Given Sunday!

I mean who picked the cards to beat the Cowboys? I actually thought they might surprise them and possibly shock them if they played as they did the 1st two weeks, but we were sold on how unbeatable the Cowboys are.

Ed Vette

Quote from: DragonSoul on September 25, 2023, 11:08:13 AMWell if they continue to play as they have and don't correct their internal issues I agree 100%. Yet if they get close to it all being on the same page, then Any Given Sunday!

I mean who picked the cards to beat the Cowboys? I actually thought they might surprise them and possibly shock them if they played as they did the 1st two weeks, but we were solid on how unbeatable the Cowboys are.
I appreciate the positive attitude.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

I don't mind this post, not in the least.  Although I will say that until the Giants get their house in order, what is happening around the league will make little difference.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

This weekend didn't change how I felt a week ago even before the 49'ers game.  Giants have a tough schedule to start the season and 1-2 at this point isn't soul crushing or awful.  Now if they lose to Seattle at home is when I will begin to shift to being concerned about the direction of the season.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

DragonSoul

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 25, 2023, 11:11:50 AMI don't mind this post, not in the least.  Although I will say that until the Giants get their house in order, what is happening around the league will make little difference.
The Point about the league is that it isn't so cut and dry & I agree, the Giants need to fix themselves first before anything else matters. We as fans have that luxury of hope lol.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 25, 2023, 11:16:00 AMThis weekend didn't change how I felt a week ago even before the 49'ers game.  Giants have a tough schedule to start the season and 1-2 at this point isn't soul crushing or awful.  Now if they lose to Seattle at home is when I will begin to shift to being concerned about the direction of the season.
Rambo: You nailed it.  Seattle is a must-win game.  If somehow the Giants had managed to defeat Dallas as I hoped, then a loss to Seattle wouldn't be the end of the world (technically). In any event, having looked less-than-great so far this season, they must win all the toss-up games.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

DaveBrown74

Just beat Seattle. Worrying about anything other than that at this stage is pointless and potentially counter-productive.

T200

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 25, 2023, 11:16:00 AMThis weekend didn't change how I felt a week ago even before the 49'ers game.  Giants have a tough schedule to start the season and 1-2 at this point isn't soul crushing or awful.  Now if they lose to Seattle at home is when I will begin to shift to being concerned about the direction of the season.
I agree with you but for me, it depends on how they lose. If it's a mistake-free game and Seattle kicks a last-second FG to win, I wouldn't feel so bad.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

ralphpal1

This is a start of a new season and we have a one game handicap we gave everyone
We win next week
Suddenly it gets a little hotter in dalls and washington
If we dont win
Then we have a team that cant respond

Jolly Blue Giant

Good post. We should improve during the year, plus as you mentioned, we've gone through a tough part of the schedule to start the season and things lighten up towards that back half of the schedule

The thing that keeps coming to my mind...is injuries. It's like the deck gets reshuffled every week as some pivotal player goes down for the season. It's already stung several teams with the loss of Chubb, Diggs, Rogers, Kupp, etc. Every time a major player goes down, it changes the landscape. The Giants' best hope is to have a healthy season for a change, to come into games better prepared, excellent officiating, our rookies getting valuable experience and improving, and a little luck from the funny shaped ball to take bounces in our favor. Oh yeah, and we TACKLE the guy with the ball!!!

It's a long season, and we're not as bad as we have shown to start the season. We are better than we have displayed to the football world
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Rambo89

Quote from: T200 on September 25, 2023, 11:49:43 AMI agree with you but for me, it depends on how they lose. If it's a mistake-free game and Seattle kicks a last-second FG to win, I wouldn't feel so bad.

With their schedule I am not so much concerned with style points (as I didn't with the Arizona game) as I am with just getting the win.  If they lose against Seattle they're likely going to be 1-5 heading into the Washington game vs 2-4.  That's a big difference IMO especially when it comes to Conference records.  They need the Seattle game IMO.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

JT39

The attitudes of some of the players is very concerning. McKinneys interview is a huge red flag of what's going on.

T200

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 25, 2023, 12:58:49 PMWith their schedule I am not so much concerned with style points (as I didn't with the Arizona game) as I am with just getting the win.  If they lose against Seattle they're likely going to be 1-5 heading into the Washington game vs 2-4.  That's a big difference IMO especially when it comes to Conference records.  They need the Seattle game IMO.
Makes sense, especially since they have all been conference games.

For me, the 'style' points would be:

- Better play calling
- No giveaways
- Solid defense
- Good run/pass balance

If those were to occur vs Seattle in a loss, I'd feel better seeing that the potential to play better isn't just in my mind and the 2nd half of Arizona wasn't an aberration.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: