News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Seattle is no pushover

Started by Ed Vette, September 26, 2023, 12:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

I think a lot of Giants fans are thinking this game is a given. Geno Smith is a good QB and he has two lethal weapons. They are 4th in the league in scoring so far. Walker has been productive and will likely get his hundred yards while Charbonnet is lurking in the wings. And look who's leading the team in tackles.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AYM

Seattle destroyed us last year and we've had 2 quarters out of 12 of competitive play. This game will be another tough one IMO.

Ed Vette

Explain to me why Schoen didn't pay Love.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I don't think this game is a gimme at all. I think it's a must-win, but I don't think it's a gimme by any means. Seattle is loaded with weapons and our D has been utterly woeful. There may be some Giants fans who think it will be easy but clearly the broad betting community disagrees, as we're only a 1.5 point favorite (ie a 1.5 point neutral field underdog).

AYM

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 26, 2023, 12:26:43 PMExplain to me why Schoen didn't pay Love.

He thought he'd be paying McKinney as a top safety and couldn't keep both. In retrospect we should've signed Love and let McKinney go, but who saw his level of play decline like it has so far?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: AYM on September 26, 2023, 12:28:42 PMHe thought he'd be paying McKinney as a top safety and couldn't keep both. In retrospect we should've signed Love and let McKinney go, but who saw his level of play decline like it has so far?

Not only his play but his effort level and attitude too. I'd say he's at a point where he's literally only a notch or two above Toney on those fronts.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Rambo89

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on September 26, 2023, 12:27:08 PMI don't think this game is a gimme at all. I think it's a must-win, but I don't think it's a gimme by any means. Seattle is loaded with weapons and are D has been utterly woeful. There may be some Giants fans who think it will be easy but clearly the broad betting community disagrees, as we're only a 1.5 point favorite (ie a 1.5 point neutral field underdog).

If the Giants want to be competitive and play meaningful games in December they have to win this game.  This isn't an easy game but it's a more winnable game than Miami, Buffalo, in Dallas or either of the Eagle games.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

True Blue

I don't see how anyone can expect this game to be easy. They beat our ass last year, Richie James gone helps, but they are still a talented team.

As tough as it is, they do need the win. They likely are not beating Buffalo and Miami. This game will show us what 2023 Giants are made of.

JT39

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 26, 2023, 12:26:43 PMExplain to me why Schoen didn't pay Love.

Love was average at best last year. Plus he hasn't been good this year according to most Seahawks fans.

JT39

The Seahawks are 10+ points maybe even 3 scores better than us. Until this defense can prove it can stop someone consistently and the OL can prove is can be even adequate - we shouldn't be favored in any game.

Ed Vette

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 26, 2023, 12:32:00 PM

This is the game to let DJ loose and take chances downfield. Hyatt could have a huge game.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on September 26, 2023, 12:39:49 PMThis is the game to let DJ loose and take chances downfield. Hyatt could have a huge game.

The O-line should be healthy, and Seattle doesn't appear to have a serious pass-rushing threat.  So this should be a good game for the Giants offense to get right.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Rambo89 on September 26, 2023, 12:32:43 PMIf the Giants want to be competitive and play meaningful games in December they have to win this game.  This isn't an easy game but it's a more winnable game than Miami, Buffalo, in Dallas or either of the Eagle games.

For sure. Just realize that even with a win in this game, we'll need a major, shocking, road upset against either Miami or Buffalo to avoid being 2-4 after six weeks. And again that's if we indeed beat Seattle, who have won two straight and have pro bowl caliber talent all over their offense.

Seattle's D stinks though. Big opportunity for Jones and our offense to reassert themselves after a tough first 10 out of 12 quarters.

squibber

"Every team's better with Charbonnet on it."  Or is it "Everything's better with Blue Bonnet on it."