News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Why did the Giants keep Sterling Shepard?

Started by MightyGiants, September 26, 2023, 12:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 26, 2023, 02:18:56 PMIf Shep is fully healthy and they put him on IR, the NFL could have an issue (if they find out).  However, the bar to put on IR is pretty low.   A players simply has to be unavailable for one practice.

The Reserve/Injured List, better known as injured reserve or IR, is a list for players who have suffered a football injury that makes them not immediately available to their team.

What a joke. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Trench

Prior to the season it was a good debate here as a few people had mentioned he would make the team out of loyalty and veteran leadership. Odd man out in my mind was Sills

Dgoodmantrublu

Sills is terrible. This obsession with him is baffling.

EDjohnst1981

Stated it clearly in the summer.

I didn't like bringing him back.

He's offered nothing through six weeks. Maybe the front office/higher management get enamoured with a player and state they wish them to stick around.

I'd be surprised if that's the case but maybe there's a chance. He's ultimately proven to not be "dependable" 

Edit - I meant 3 weeks.

nb587

Jclayton92

With the injuries we had at Wr last season the staff was likely spooked into keeping more Wrs than they actually needed.