News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thursday Injury Report

Started by MightyGiants, September 28, 2023, 03:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Rich: What do you make of the long list of Seahawks who took a day off?

I can think of numerous explanations, but was hoping you had some insight from all the research you do.

Personally, I believe that fact bodes well for the Giants' chances.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 29, 2023, 04:57:06 AMRich: What do you make of the long list of Seahawks who took a day off?

I can think of numerous explanations, but was hoping you had some insight from all the research you do.

Personally, I believe that fact bodes well for the Giants' chances.

Bob

I am not sure.  I have listened to Seahawks beat writers say they were getting healthy.  So I was surprised by this lengthy list
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on September 29, 2023, 06:06:28 AMI am not sure.  I have listened to Seahawks beat writers say they were getting healthy.  So I was surprised by this lengthy list
Rich: OK, then I'm going with my 1st impression. Coach knows his team is at a physical disadvantage (three fewer rest days) so he's giving as many of his key, older, nicked-up players as possible the extra day off. Still bodes well for the Giants. Pete Caroll's game has always depended on winning the fourth quarter. I believe if the Giants can avoid the type of horrible start they had at home against the Cowboys and just get out of the first quarter with (at worst) a tie, it will be a close game and hopefully the "other" factor I have not yet mentioned (Seahawks having to travel across county) will tilt the game in the Giants' favor. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on September 29, 2023, 06:15:01 AMRich: OK, then I'm going with my 1st impression. Coach knows his team is at a physical disadvantage (three fewer rest days) so he's giving as many of his key, older, nicked-up players as possible the extra day off. Still bodes well for the Giants. Pete Caroll's game has always depended on winning the fourth quarter. I believe if the Giants can avoid the type of horrible start they had at home against the Cowboys and just get out of the first quarter with (at worst) a tie, it will be a close game and hopefully the "other" factor I have yet to mention (Seahawks having to travel across the county) will tilt the game in the Giants' favor. Bob

Interesting theory, I guess the report today (how many return to practice) will give us an idea if that is the case.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

bldevil

I wonder if Giants that change teams (e.g. Julian Love) experience more/fewer hamstring injuries than when they played for the Giants.  I think it would make for an interesting analysis.
"17-14 fellas.  One touchdown and we are world champions.  Believe it and it will happen!  17-14 is the final.  Let's go!"  Michael Strahan, with 2:39 remaining in SB42.

MightyGiants

Here is the ESPN Seahawks beat writer.  He seems to be concerned with the length of the Seahawk's injury list.

https://x.com/BradyHenderson/status/1707536443978186810?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE