News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

This is leadership on the field

Started by Ed Vette, September 28, 2023, 05:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

The greatest football player of all time, and one of the greatest athletes in professional team sports at a global level of all time.

afan56

And best of all....he was our Giant madman!

True Blue

They don't make em like that anymore

LennG

Talk is cheap, you lead by example and LT did exactly that.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

GloryDays

Everytime I have a tough task I watch LT's 4 minute clip for motivation. I still get goosebumps watching how good he was ... relentless and unstoppable!

Daboll or Wink should play this tape for the team as they are getting on the field.

LennG

Quote from: GloryDays on September 28, 2023, 07:31:32 PMEverytime I have a tough task I watch LT's 4 minute clip for motivation. I still get goosebumps watching how good he was ... relentless and unstoppable!

Daboll or Wink should play this tape for the team as they are getting on the field.

You can play that tape as many times as you want, we seem to have too many 'fat cats' who think the world revolves around them. LT was a hungry player every time he walked out onto the field. Who on the Giant's defense today can we say that about?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

uconnjack8

Before captains were announced I heard someone say this on the radio:

"If you have 8 captains, you have no captains"

Not sure where I heard it, but I think it was Pat Kirwan on NFL Radio (honestly could have read it on this forum).  And I keep thinking back to that statement and trying to figure out, who is a real leader on this team.

kartanoman

The way it's supposed to be!

Harry Carson - Captain For Life

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

Rambo89

Quote from: uconnjack8 on September 29, 2023, 01:23:43 PMBefore captains were announced I heard someone say this on the radio:

"If you have 8 captains, you have no captains"

Not sure where I heard it, but I think it was Pat Kirwan on NFL Radio (honestly could have read it on this forum).  And I keep thinking back to that statement and trying to figure out, who is a real leader on this team.

Yep, said this the other day way too many captains has devalued what it means to be one.  Don't think every vet or good player needs to have that designation to either lead by example or motivation it should come regardless.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18