News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Wink’s Tackling Clinic

Started by Ed Vette, September 30, 2023, 10:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Pat Traina quote, "Yup, the missed tackles were definitely a point of emphasis for #newyorkgiants defensive coordinator Wink Martindale and the Giants defense. And the overly confident Martindale, who ran tackling circuits this week to help improve that, believes the tackling WILL be better." (Photo by Chris Pedota - USA TODAY NETWORK)
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giantleap56

You think he would have done that in preseason.

andrew_nyGiants

Curious why he was characterized as overly confident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Jaime

Wink says Tackling will be better. WOW, way to go out on a limb there Mr. DC.
Anybody here think that our Tackling could get worse  Redfaced

Bob In PA

I disagree with all of the above comments.  He's not making excuses. He's covering for them, temporarily.

It's what coaches do.  They don't need a "tackling clinic."  It's just his way of having their backs... for now.

They all know what the "penalty" is for not doing their jobs... they LOSE their jobs.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!