News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

PFF Heroes and Goats the Seahawks game

Started by MightyGiants, October 03, 2023, 01:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Min of 15 snaps 75 and over hero under 55 goat

OFFENSE

Heroes

None (although Bellinger would have been if he had enough snaps)

Goats

Lawrence Cager
Joshua Ezeudu
Jalin Hyatt
Parris Campbell
Evan Neal
Darren Waller
Shane Lemieux
Ben Bredeson
Daniel Jones

DEFENSE

Heroes

Isaiah Simmons (elite)
Dexter Lawrence
Bobby Okereke

Goats

Leonard Williams
Micah McFadden
A'Shawn Robinson
Adoree' Jackson
Jihad Ward

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Nice to see Simmons being well utilized. What was DJ's passing grade?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

How does Waller get a bad grade when he was barely targeted?  Same goes for Hyatt?
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

RelaxTension

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 01:22:26 PMHow does Waller get a bad grade when he was barely targeted?  Same goes for Hyatt?
He's a terrible blocker maybe?
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

T200

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 01:22:26 PMHow does Waller get a bad grade when he was barely targeted?  Same goes for Hyatt?
Because they didn't take short passes to the house.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Rambo89

Quote from: RelaxTension on October 03, 2023, 01:28:16 PMHe's a terrible blocker maybe?

He's not in there to block.  He's in there to be a weapon in the passing game.

B1GBLUE

probably blocking.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 03, 2023, 01:32:01 PMHe's not in there to block.  He's in there to be a weapon in the passing game.

Agreed. they need to let him do his thing. we could have stuck with bellinger or gotten a vet minimum blocking tight end if this was the goal.

Rambo89

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 03, 2023, 02:21:05 PMAgreed. they need to let him do his thing. we could have stuck with bellinger or gotten a vet minimum blocking tight end if this was the goal.

They need to get him the ball first.  He was on the field for 92% of the offenses snaps last night so it's not a matter of him not getting the reps he's in there just have to target him more.

DaveBrown74

While I'm not going to praise any unit of our team last night, I didn't think our D was bad. They weren't exceptional or anything, but they got some key stops, they got some heat on the QB at times, they made some plays here and there. They were put in bad situations by Jones' turnovers, and they had to come out on the field constantly. I'm not going to say they were good, but IMO they weren't really the problem. Seattle is a very good offensive team. Allowing only 17 points, considering the position they were put in, is not so terrible. In fact it's actually pretty darn good.

MightyGiants

DJ's passing grade-  31.3

The pass-blocking grades

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

B1GBLUE

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 03, 2023, 03:47:21 PMDJ's passing grade-  31.3

The pass-blocking grades

I am shocked the grades are that high. i guess when they won, they won, but when they lost, they lost BAD

LennG

As much as some have started to knock Schoen, he did bring us Simmons for a measly 7th-round pick. We need to see a lot more of Simmons. I still go with my pre-season prediction, he will be the Giant's defensive MVP by season's end.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss