News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

It seems Brightwell is the more dynamic player

Started by BluesCruz, October 04, 2023, 09:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluesCruz

Nothing against Matt Brieda but when Brightwell is in there he looks to be the better back.

I would be starting Brightwell, spelling him with Brieda and putting Robinson and Hyatt in the backfield
on occassion.

We see other teams like the Eagles, Dallas and KC putting speedsters in the backfield to great effect.

The Giants need to mix it up.

Also, if protection is that bad lets see some more 2 tight end play

I get it, the Giants want to run their standard offense with their standard depth chart but it's not
working too well so far. 

Also the offensive line and special teams coaches probably need to be looked at seasons end if not sooner.   At the rate we are sinking Daboll's job is about as secure as Ben McAdoo's was
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

JT39

Brightwell should be inactive. He cant catch, he has been awful on STs. We need to see what Gray can do as RB more than Gary Brightwell. Ill be shocked if Brightwell is on the team next year.

Rambo89

The Giants did run a fair amount of two TE play until Bellinger got hurt.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

Quote from: Rambo89 on October 04, 2023, 09:37:22 AMThe Giants did run a fair amount of two TE play until Bellinger got hurt.
Losing Bellinger and JMS was a killer Monday night.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

uconnjack8

What did you see from Brightwell's 9 yards on 4 carry's and 10 yards on 1 reception, that makes you feel that way?

I couldn't believe he got dumped so easily by a CB

MightyGiants

I was thinking Brightwell was someone the team should cut to send a message.  Brightwell's personal foul (shoving a player long after the whistle) and running into the kicker seemed inexcusable.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

Quote from: Ed Vette on October 04, 2023, 09:43:04 AMLosing Bellinger and JMS was a killer Monday night.

I wasnt even aware Bellinger got hurt.  Whats his prognosis?

I recall a lot of discussion on here last year about not getting too excited about the Giants.  Seemed everything was breaking their way and the schedule was not nearly as brutal as this so far.

Maybe as the schedule lightens up we can get in a groove and salvage the season but hope is fading.

If I had to point to one thing its the lack of downfield passing. I understand the Oline is bad but there are ways to roll the pocket etc...even a flea flicker.  Jones needs to forget about turnovers and air out that ball.  Continuing this dink and dunk offense is suicide

Some will belittle him,  but Ritchie James had a great rapore with Jones last year on the mid range passes....no one has stepped up to fill that role  A little bit by Slayton of late

James should have been retained.  Paris Campbell his replacement has been a disaster.  Has the droppsies amidst other flaws.  Not to mention he is grossly overpaid

Easy to see why the Colts let him walk

BluesCruz

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 04, 2023, 09:46:29 AMWhat did you see from Brightwell's 9 yards on 4 carry's and 10 yards on 1 reception, that makes you feel that way?

I couldn't believe he got dumped so easily by a CB

Bronco Nagurski would have had trouble running Monday.  Seattle was ready for it.
Werent too many Giants standouts Monday

Brieda just doe not impress.  Id love to see Hyatt, and Robinson back there also.  Speed kills

I think Brightwell hits the hole quicker and harder than the others.  Just an observation.

BluesCruz

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 04, 2023, 09:47:45 AMI was thinking Brightwell was someone the team should cut to send a message.  Brightwell's personal foul (shoving a player long after the whistle) and running into the kicker seemed inexcusable.

Wasn't really running into
More like pulling up trying to avoid it

Official called it harshly

Brightwell even held the guy up trying to avoid the kicker flopping

Giants are too easy on kickers
Haven't blocked one since biblical times

PSUBeirut

brownelvis54

Quote from: JT39 on October 04, 2023, 09:32:42 AMBrightwell should be inactive. He cant catch, he has been awful on STs. We need to see what Gray can do as RB more than Gary Brightwell. Ill be shocked if Brightwell is on the team next year.

I agree. He seems to be a waste on the roster. I cant imagine him being here next year
The KING is in the building

BluesCruz

Quote from: BluesCruz on October 04, 2023, 12:08:54 PMWasn't really running into
More like pulling up trying to avoid it

Official called it harshly

Brightwell even held the guy up trying to avoid the kicker flopping

Giants are too easy on kickers
Haven't blocked one since biblical times
Quote from: brownelvis54 link=msg=914118 date=

If u want to send a real message fire the oline coach

Not like they could play worse

RelaxTension

Brightwell hasn't shown me to be a good enough player and when he starts adding the penalties I would like to see him released.
Enjoy the moment it's the only way to live..

BluesCruz

Quote from: RelaxTension on October 04, 2023, 12:30:16 PMBrightwell hasn't shown me to be a good enough player and when he starts adding the penalties I would like to see him released.

Lots of pushing and shoving
Very chippy game

Wonder why

Was Pete Carrol behind all the mayhem