News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Next up the Miami Dolphins

Started by Ed Vette, October 06, 2023, 03:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

The Giants have three Offensive Linemen out and two of them are starters. It looks like Ezeudu, Golinski, Bredeson. McKeathan and Neal. Whether Barkley plays or not, it would be a good choice to run the ball to ease Jones into the game. I'm my opinion, they should be running over 50% of snaps and reduce the pass rush. They have success doing it but then move away from it.

I don't know if the Giants CBs can keep up with the Miami weapons in Man Coverage. The Edges still have to contain Tua.

I'd like to see DJ insert a fake pump in his repertoire. Do ya think anyone thought about that? I don't.

If the Giants can pull an upset this game, it can get them back on track and have some confidence going into Buffalo.

Any other thoughts? If not sorry to interrupt with the Oline vs Jones debates.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Miami's premier offensive tackle, Terron Armstead, was just put on the IR. I'd like to see our edge players attempt to get some heat on Tua on this game. We need to start getting turnovers, and having a legitimate pass rush is key to that. I don't see us having any chance of winning trying to outscore this team in a high scoring game. Not that our D can stop them, but if we can force some mistakes through pressure, maybe we have a chance. Miami's D isn't very good, so if our offense can rebound to some extent we should be able to score points.

We're a double digit dog in this game for a reason though, obviously. Miami has much more talent on offense. And they're unlikely to be looking past us in this game, as they just got soundly beaten in Buffalo and need to "get right."

Rambo89

I'll just stick with the defensive side of the ball.  I would love to see them get the basics down in this game with limiting missed tackles.  When you've been as poor fundamentally as that unit has been you have to go back to and just get the simple basic task of not missing so many tackles.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18