News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Cooper Rush Dallas 2022 Game Review

Started by Ed Vette, October 07, 2023, 12:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

The Giants lost this game with an interception on a play where the Receiver fell down but it would have been tough to come back with the field position they had in order to get a TD.

What I saw was the same tendencies in Daniel Jones. Also saw the same putrid pass protection giving DJ little time on many plays. There was a rushing attack of 14 Barkley attempts and 81 yards, Jones 9 rushes for 79 yards for 167 total yards. They telegraphed the Barkley runs in half the cases with 2 TEs Inline the strong side. SB had one TD.

The game was close but it got away from the Giants in the 4th quarter. There were many times where Jones rolled out to his right to escape pressure or because he missed the timing on his open receivers and failed to pass and took off. Jones has had very little success throwing on the run. He winds up releasing it close to the sideline to a check-down or throws it away.

The difference this year and last year was the conservative play calling and limited routes. Often Receivers ran a comeback or curl. More balance in Run to Pass. Still, there were opportunities left on the field. The last two shots are of the same play. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

I have to put a lot of this on Coaching. How does QB Guru HC, an OC, and QB Coach not recognize what the rest of the league has as to DJ's tendencies? He stares down his receiver before the pass, he doesn't fake pump and he hesitates on open receivers downfield until the window closes and he rolls right. If you know that, why design Plays with Trips on the left side? Sacked 5 times but only one interception. Nobody was jumping the routes last season.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin