News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Knee Jerk Fire Daboll Thread

Started by Messiah717, October 08, 2023, 03:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AYM

Quote from: Jclayton92 on October 08, 2023, 09:04:04 PMThey replaced a good portion of scouts this past offseason. Schoen has his guys in there now, just not his medical or training staff.

They still have some left; all of the rot needs to go.

sooners56

Firing the coach and hiring a new one won't do a damn thing positive unless the new replacement starts drafting better players. The Giants have sucked for so long not because of coaching but rather because they continue to draft the wrong players.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

DaveBrown74

Quote from: sooners56 on October 11, 2023, 09:58:57 AMFiring the coach and hiring a new one won't do a damn thing positive unless the new replacement starts drafting better players. The Giants have sucked for so long not because of coaching but rather because they continue to draft the wrong players.

Agreed. Daboll has enough good will from 2022 to avoid being another two year firing. You don't fire a coach one year after he won coach of the year, especially if you're a team that keeps firing coaches every two years.

We fans always seem to do two things: (1) overrate our own talent, and (2) blame coaches and coordinators rather than players. We have been down this road almost annually for the past decade now.

Messiah717

I'll bump this up again.  Not impressed one bit with this coach.  Last year will earn him another year but beyond that I wouldn't be sad if he was gone.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Messiah717 on October 15, 2023, 10:51:19 PMI'll bump this up again.  Not impressed one bit with this coach.  Last year will earn him another year but beyond that I wouldn't be sad if he was gone.

Definitely appears to NOT be the brightest bulb in the box on gameday.  Me thinks he and Daniel Jones have the same problem in processing under pressure  Between he and Kafka the play calling and packages on field are at times mystifying.  As long as we have no REAL top level QB I believe you can expect more of what we have seen this year.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

DaveBrown74

Daboll was universally praised last year, both by fans and the rest of the league (see Coach of the year award), and this year he seems universally reviled by most Giants fans.

He is absolutely deserving of criticism for the way this season has gone to this point, but in no way is he going anywhere after this year. They could finish 1-16 and he'll still be brought back. 2022 bought him a minimum of three years total with the team. This is not a Joe Judge or Pat Shurmur situation.

B1GBLUE

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 16, 2023, 06:58:21 AMDaboll was universally praised last year, both by fans and the rest of the league (see Coach of the year award), and this year he seems universally reviled by most Giants fans.

He is absolutely deserving of criticism for the way this season has gone to this point, but in no way is he going anywhere after this year. They could finish 1-16 and he'll still be brought back. 2022 bought him a minimum of three years total with the team. This is not a Joe Judge or Pat Shurmur situation.

im very frustrated with him. but he is a first time coach going through his first adversity. hes making a lot of mistakes. lets hope he learns not to make the same mistake twice. but he HAS to break through this and figure out how to score and win. regardless of whos playing qb, the oline.. whatever. every team deals with injuries. most lose a small beat, but not the ENTIRE pulse. I have faith he can recover, but if we keep going down this road, he is not going to last long.

Messiah717

Pretty much feel even more strongly about it.

Jclayton92

Daboll is a good coach. People got way to hyped at what was obviously going to be a down season. Injuries just made those games easier to lose.

Dgoodmantrublu

I don't care. I'm going to say. This is dumb. Daboll coached the game today the exact correct way for the circumstances. Daboll is a good coach. He is incredibly well respected. Firing him would compeletely idiotic.

AYM

Daboll is now 6-13-1 since a 6-1 start. At this point it's clear the "coach of the year" bit was entirely that 6-1 start and 6-13-1 is closer to what he really is. He's trending in the wrong direction.

madbadger

Quote from: AYM on October 08, 2023, 07:05:50 PMThis regime already had their chance, and they picked Jones as their QB. If we collapse and end up, say, 1-16, then no. That would mean that they made Gettleman's team even worse (while hanging on to Gettleman's scouts) and they need to go.

And yeah, Jones would go with them at that point.

Did they or did mister silver spoon meddle? I've never heard either Daboll or Schoen be effusive about Jones future before giving him a stupid deal. I have the feeling that has Mara's fingerprints all over it.

AYM

Quote from: madbadger on October 29, 2023, 06:12:14 PMDid they or did mister silver spoon meddle? I've never heard either Daboll or Schoen be effusive about Jones future before giving him a stupid deal. I have the feeling that has Mara's fingerprints all over it.

If Mara meddled, then there's very little reason to follow or pay any attention to this team anymore, as they would be beyond hope. Check box scores and hope for the best, but not worth the time.

Messiah717

Forget the knee jerk.  This coach is clueless.