News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: Does Miami need Tua to Tango?

Started by squibber, October 09, 2023, 04:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squibber

Tua was pretty bad the first couple of years but he had good numbers the last two years. I know he had two bad throws yesterday but the team puts up a lot of points.

So is Tua a good quarterback or the product of having tons of weapons around him? Maybe Randy Dean could have made the pro bowl with that talent.

EDjohnst1981

spiderblue43

Randy Dean reference! That's bringing your fandom..squib kick. =D>

squibber

Quote from: spiderblue43 on October 09, 2023, 04:36:24 PMRandy Dean reference! That's bringing your fandom..squib kick. =D>

And our offensive line is channeling Gordon Gravelle. Haha

JT39

Of course not. Half the starting QBs in the league that will kill for his weapons and McDaniel as a coach.

Supporting casts matter greatly!

Rambo89

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on October 09, 2023, 04:30:51 PMI think it's the weapons.

Weapons definitely make a difference when there's that much speed
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

He's a good fit with all that talent. I never thought he would be a decent NFL QB but it works.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

I swear to God so many here forget it's a team sport, maybe one of the most interconnected in all of sports.  A symphony is good because all the musicians play their parts well.

Tua is a very, very accurate passer who has progressed but so have the people around him.  It's not one or the other.

Gmo11

Quote from: Philosophers on October 09, 2023, 07:44:44 PMI swear to God so many here forget it's a team sport, maybe one of the most interconnected in all of sports.  A symphony is good because all the musicians play their parts well.

Tua is a very, very accurate passer who has progressed but so have the people around him.  It's not one or the other.

Correct. It's both. Tua has developed into an excellent QB. He is able to make decisions immediately and delivers an accurate ball which allows those WRs to run up YAC yards.

Would he have the same numbers on the Giants... probably not. Would Jones have those numbers on the Dolphins? Also probably not.

Before the freak hip injury Tua was significantly more athletic and prone to running. He was robbed of some of that so it took a little time to reinvent himself and McDaniel is the perfect coach to help a QB do that.

True Blue

They don't need Tua

They need elite weapons, a good OL, and high level coaching to prop him or any other QB up for success. Mike White can succeed in MIA if Tua went down because of the support being so good all around. The QB is interchangeable if everything around the position is of a top tier level or close to it.

I didn't even mention the run game yet.

Tua needs Miami, not the other way around

FL GMAN

TUA WAS SCREWED HIS FIRST COUPLE OF YEARS BY A COACH WHO DIDN'T WANT HIM. He has the fastest release in football and is more accurate then almost anyone. He reminds me of Joe Montana. When he got hurt last year the air went out of the balloon. For those saying he doesn't matter I say you're way off base. I won't be surprised if he wins MVP.

P.S. He won a national championship for Alabama when Hurts was stinking it up.

Gmo11

Quote from: True Blue on October 10, 2023, 09:06:53 AMThey don't need Tua

They need elite weapons, a good OL, and high level coaching to prop him or any other QB up for success. Mike White can succeed in MIA if Tua went down because of the support being so good all around. The QB is interchangeable if everything around the position is of a top tier level or close to it.

I didn't even mention the run game yet.

Tua needs Miami, not the other way around

Did you happen to notice what happened when he was hurt last year?  Might want to check out of some of those splits.