News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Interesting thought from UKGiants

Started by MightyGiants, October 14, 2023, 07:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

Average Qbs don't win you games in the NFL and players know that.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Giantleap56 on October 15, 2023, 03:02:20 PMSo they inherited a running back coming back 100% and a Quarterback coming back 100%, two number one picks. A top tier O Line man. A decent defense. They pulled out some close games. To give them a record that might not actually reflect the team.

I have to blame Schoen and Daboll. The roster was suppose to be upgraded. What happened? Super Bowl is a reach we all know that, but this come on man. They aren't even competing. That's what has gotten me more than anything. I think that's what everyone here is concerned with. The lack of competing.

Ok, so let's just panic and fire them after two years, just like we always do, even though their first year was actually very good, and let's bring in two more new guys. Then at the first sign of trouble we can fire them too and just keep repeating the process forever. I'm sure it won't get harder to hire quality people in the future despite firing coaches and GMs the second things don't go well. Sounds like a plan!

Giantleap56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 15, 2023, 04:04:42 PMOk, so let's just panic and fire them after two years, just like we always do, even though their first year was actually very good, and let's bring in two more new guys. Then at the first sign of trouble we can fire them too and just keep repeating the process forever. I'm sure it won't get harder to hire quality people in the future despite firing coaches and GMs the second things don't go well. Sounds like a plan!

I don't think I said anything about firing them. I want them to be held accountable. I don't like that they left their QB exposed to some horrible O-line play what kind of backups it's like they made no assessments just got random bodies, they have no protocols for injuries the next man up philosophy is nonexistent. Daboll and Schoen are getting a free pass with DJ taking brunt of the blame, which I think is down right BS. Daboll had literally been throwing DJ under the bus without seeing what he is actually facing which leads me to believe he is being totally clueless.  Leaving him in blow outs with teams basically Teeing off. That to me is a coach who doesn't have the best interest of his QB in his heart.
I said nothing about firing them they will get another year to prove themselves. Hopefully they can right this ship out of stormy waters. But if they continuously get blown out and the effort level stays the same all bets are off.

DaveBrown74

What exactly do you mean by "hold them accountable" though if you don't want them fired?

Of course they are accountable. Who is giving them a free pass? Do you think ownership is happy with the state of affairs and is patting them on the back right now and telling them they're doing great?

Obviously, if things don't get better they will ultimately lose their jobs. I just don't think it should happen after this year. Since you apparently agree with that, I'm actually not sure what we're arguing about.

Giantleap56

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 15, 2023, 04:59:05 PMWhat exactly do you mean by "hold them accountable" though if you don't want them fired?

Of course they are accountable. Who is giving them a free pass? Do you think ownership is happy with the state of affairs and is patting them on the back right now and telling them they're doing great?

Obviously, if things don't get better they will ultimately lose their jobs. I just don't think it should happen after this year. Since you apparently agree with that, I'm actually not sure what we're arguing about.

I don't think they are being held accountable. Most here are throwing their blame on DJ. Daboll is making him the scapegoat he hasn't come out and said anything to protect his QB. If he goes out there and says DJ is doing the best he can under the duress that he is playing under. That would make a lot more difference in fans eyes instead he is throwing salt on the wound abf definitely has not shown any leadership coaching ability. A lot of difference a year makes.
I think anyone that make the playoffs deserves a year more and that goes for the QB also.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Giantleap56 on October 15, 2023, 05:22:35 PMI don't think they are being held accountable. Most here are throwing their blame on DJ. Daboll is making him the scapegoat he hasn't come out and said anything to protect his QB. If he goes out there and says DJ is doing the best he can under the duress that he is playing under. That would make a lot more difference in fans eyes instead he is throwing salt on the wound abf definitely has not shown any leadership coaching ability. A lot of difference a year makes.
I think anyone that make the playoffs deserves a year more and that goes for the QB also.

Ok, so you just mean the fans (in particular people here) are not holding them sufficiently accountable in your opinion. You want more fans here complaining about the coaching and front office. I actually have seen plenty of that here myself, but fair enough if you want to see more. Either way I'm not sure why the opinions of other random fans matter that much.