News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT - Around the NFL: Week 6

Started by DaveBrown74, October 15, 2023, 02:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

I'm watching the 9ers/Browns game. Obviously he is in a great situation and that cannot be understated, but Purdy is the real deal. He processes so quickly and his execution is nearly flawless. I think he has a great chance of being a major star for a long time in this league.

The Panthers surprised the Dolphins by getting out to a 14-0 lead in that game.

CJ Stroud is doing a great job in his rookie season with not a lot around him. Impressive stuff.

DaveBrown74

Saints fans got a real taste of the Derek Carr experience today, and it's not good. Had we not signed Jones, our options were basically Carr, Garropolo (who never stays on the field), and Mayfield. There were no QBs to draft. We really didn't have many options. For those who think the Giants made a big mistake giving the contract out, it's a tough argument to make as they were coming off of a winning season and a second round playoff experience.

JT39

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on October 15, 2023, 02:01:11 PMI'm watching the 9ers/Browns game. Obviously he is in a great situation and that cannot be understated, but Purdy is the real deal. He processes so quickly and his execution is nearly flawless. I think he has a great chance of being a major star for a long time in this league.

The Panthers surprised the Dolphins by getting out to a 14-0 lead in that game.

CJ Stroud is doing a great job in his rookie season with not a lot around him. Impressive stuff.

Purdy looked very average when some guys went down.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: JT39 on October 15, 2023, 04:50:45 PMPurdy looked very average when some guys went down.

That's fair. Bottom line though he still put them in position to win despite losing key guys in the middle of the game. A 40 yarder is not a hard kick.

uconnjack8

Browns might have the best D in the NFL.  They beat the 49ers with PJ Walker at QB.

Lane Johnson went out for the Eagles with a knee injury.  Not sure how serious it is.

spiderblue43

Cousins wasn't so hot without JJ either  Coincidence? Niners did get hosed on a PF late..but still their kicker has to make that kick. :yes:

Trench

What string QB just beat the 49ers today?

uconnjack8

Quote from: uconnjack8 on October 15, 2023, 04:58:07 PMBrowns might have the best D in the NFL.  They beat the 49ers with PJ Walker at QB.

Lane Johnson went out for the Eagles with a knee injury.  Not sure how serious it is.

For Johnson it's an ankle, not a knee

Trench

Someday my hope is our Oline gets the same calls as the Cowboys, 49ers and Eagles. I see so much holding not called it isn't even funny. When these teams play it's like the Suoer Bowl. No holding allowed to be called

katkavage

Giants aren't the only team with a bad offensive line. Jets are awful.

uconnjack8

Two of the best NFC offenses were throttled by two if the best AFC offenses.

CMC went down with an oblique injury. No idea on severity.  Any prominent running back injury is worth noting at this point.

TDToomer

Quote from: Trench on October 15, 2023, 05:35:06 PMWhat string QB just beat the 49ers today?

Technically 3rd but that is because PJ Walker can be easily stashed on their PS. Their regular #2 is a rookie who would be claimed if waived.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs