News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Yesterday was the epitome of being a Giants fan this past decade

Started by MightyGiants, October 16, 2023, 09:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Things were looking good for most of the game

Things started to look bad

The Giants rally to give us hope

They only raised us up with that hope to rip it (and our hearts) away at the last possible second

:banghead:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

B1GBLUE

Quote from: True Blue on October 16, 2023, 09:03:10 AMI'd argue the refs did the ripping at the end

true but it shouldnt have to come down to that. tyrod doesnt botch that play at the end of the first half, we kick a FG and win. end of story.

Ed Vette

Quote from: True Blue on October 16, 2023, 09:03:10 AMI'd argue the refs did the ripping at the end
Even the commentators and the rules guy said it was PI or holding. No doubt Waller would have caught that ball for a TD.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

While the shirt pull is called PI, it didn't appear that the tug really impacted Waller's movements. 

In my mind, that was a low percentage throw.  I'm not sure if that was by plan by Daboll or choice by Taylor (I suspect it was Daboll's intention, but it's not the play call I would have gone with.

You have a mobile QB and 1 yard to go.  Bootleg!   As Taylor roles out, you put the defenders in great conflict.  Do they go for Taylor to prevent him from running into the end zone, which leaves the receivers open or do they cover the receivers and leave Taylor to run the one yard into the end zone?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

True Blue

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 16, 2023, 09:19:21 AMWhile the shirt pull is called PI, it didn't appear that the tug really impacted Waller's movements. 

In my mind, that was a low percentage throw.  I'm not sure if that was by plan by Daboll or choice by Taylor (I suspect it was Daboll's intention, but it's not the play call I would have gone with.

You have a mobile QB and 1 yard to go.  Bootleg!   As Taylor roles out, you put the defenders in great conflict.  Do they go for Taylor to prevent him from running into the end zone, which leaves the receivers open or do they cover the receivers and leave Taylor to run the one yard into the end zone?

Even if it didn't impact it, the refs make that call and they get another chance at the TD. At the end of the day it was still PI.

Would they have gotten it? Would it have been a TD without the PI? Who knows but at minimum they should have been given another play.

MightyGiants

Quote from: True Blue on October 16, 2023, 09:21:12 AMEven if it didn't impact it, the refs make that call and they get another chance at the TD. At the end of the day it was still PI.

Would they have gotten it? Would it have been a TD without the PI? Who knows but at minimum they should have been given another play.

Two PIs in a row to create two after the clock ends plays is a tall order.  I can't ever recall that happening in all my years watching football
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 16, 2023, 09:11:29 AMtrue but it shouldnt have to come down to that. tyrod doesnt botch that play at the end of the first half, we kick a FG and win. end of story.
Games aren't won in the first half. Granted, no reason for Tyrod to audible. None. He has no out.

However, despite that, they still had an opportunity to win. The refs swallowed their whistle.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Giant Jim

Quote from: B1GBLUE on October 16, 2023, 09:11:29 AMtrue but it shouldnt have to come down to that. tyrod doesnt botch that play at the end of the first half, we kick a FG and win. end of story.
Who's to say everything would've gone down the same? Buffalo's play calling could've been different if they were down 9-0 to start the 2nd half and possibly the 4th quarter.

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 16, 2023, 09:19:21 AMWhile the shirt pull is called PI, it didn't appear that the tug really impacted Waller's movements. 

The replays clearly showed that Waller could not fully extend his left arm. Terry Macaulay said it could have been either defensive holding or DPI. The refs could have called either and called neither.

Messiah717

Hindsight and all but on the last play of the game fake it to Barkley and roll out.

T200

Quote from: Messiah717 on October 16, 2023, 09:32:32 AMHindsight and all but on the last play of the game fake it to Barkley and roll out.
Kafka sucks.

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on October 16, 2023, 09:32:19 AMThe replays clearly showed that Waller could not fully extend his left arm. Terry Macaulay said it could have been either defensive holding or DPI. The refs could have called either and called neither.

That may be true but since Waller's right hand failed to stop the forward motion of the ball, it's sort of irrelevant

https://x.com/NFL_Memes/status/1713776644136050936?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE