News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Some Positive Notes

Started by Ed Vette, October 16, 2023, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

The Tandem of ILBs Okereke and McFadden are looking good the last few games. Last night they were both responsible for the two turnovers by the Bills. If they can continue to improve and play well, this is huge because those positions have been a liability for a very long time.

The Giants dominated time of possession by running the ball to keep it out of Josh Allen's hands. It also set up play action.

The Giants held the high powered Bills Offense to just 14 points.

The Giants were better on third and fourth down conversions than the Bills.

Tyrod Taylor had more passing yards than Allen and no interceptions. His crucial mistake at the end of the half most likely could have resulted in a FG but it's the first game they played well defensively that was winnable. The Giants could have won 15-14 or 16-14 if not for the non call PI.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

True Blue

I agree with all of the above

I thought Pugh, Slayton, Hyatt, Wandale and Waller all played good games and Gano made all of his kicks.

When AT returns we may be able to get some more explosive plays.

expatriot

Definite kudos to the defense.  Holding the Bills to 14 is all you can do.  If the team could score an actual TD its winnable.

MightyGiants

I think Orereke has gotten comfortable in Wink's defense and now he is playing up to his potential
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE