News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

It took them long enough, the Giants finally shorten the WR rotation

Started by MightyGiants, October 16, 2023, 12:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I was calling for this, and they finally did it with good results on the field.

Slayton, Hyatt, and Robinson got the lion's share of the WR snaps

Hodgins got 23%, Shep 1%, and Campbell 0% (unless I am missing something)

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Glad to only have seen Campbell on special teams. He brings nothing to the offense, just like his jersey number.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on October 16, 2023, 12:08:09 PMGlad to only have seen Campbell on special teams. He brings nothing to the offense, just like his jersey number.

Confirmed 3 ST snaps

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 16, 2023, 12:05:55 PMI was calling for this, and they finally did it with good results on the field.

Slayton, Hyatt, and Robinson got the lion's share of the WR snaps

Hodgins got 23%, Shep 1%, and Campbell 0% (unless I am missing something)

Rich: I appreciated the time/effort expended in performing that analysis, but in one sentence... the worse the team's record gets, the more sense it makes to play the young guys to get them experience for next year. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

TDToomer

The problem with this shortened WR rotation is that they are 3 #3 receivers. None of them could be a #1 or #2 another almost every other team in the NFL.

The other problem is that this trio is not getting open like Slayton/Hodgins/James were in the 2nd half of last season. 
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Philosophers

Quote from: TDToomer on October 16, 2023, 02:20:36 PMThe problem with this shortened WR rotation is that they are 3 #3 receivers. None of them could be a #1 or #2 another almost every other team in the NFL.

The other problem is that this trio is not getting open like Slayton/Hodgins/James were in the 2nd half of last season. 

We dint know this about Hyatt.  He seems to catch nearly everything thrown to him that's catchable.  He needs more targets.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on October 16, 2023, 12:31:07 PMRich: I appreciated the time/effort expended in performing that analysis, but in one sentence... the worse the team's record gets, the more sense it makes to play the young guys to get them experience for next year. Bob

https://x.com/clt_ny/status/1714017145867108364?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

UncannyGfan

I'd like Bellinger to get more snaps but then that can make Waller more of an inside WR and crowd out Robinson's playing time. 

Reminds me of Engram and Shepard that never really worked because instead Engram was more of WR then TE and with a terrible OL it was like they lined up in 4 WR sets all the time.

Bob In PA

Quote from: UncannyGfan on October 17, 2023, 08:29:36 AMI'd like Bellinger to get more snaps but then that can make Waller more of an inside WR and crowd out Robinson's playing time. 

Uncanny: Me too but he's injured. IMO his injury is as important (or more so?) than the OL injuries.

It limits the ways in which Waller can be used (I don't think they trust Cager to do much blocking). 

Consequently, they're limited to using plays requiring only one TE most of the time.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!