News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daniel Jones would have beaten Dallas if playing for the Chargers

Started by Bob In PA, October 16, 2023, 11:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody

Not sure about the Jones thing ...but with all the hype from some on this site about Herbert...I was not impressed with him last night...maybe a bad game for him but in my opinion he did not look good.

Bob In PA

Quote from: Woody on October 17, 2023, 02:54:43 PMNot sure about the Jones thing ...but with all the hype from some on this site about Herbert...I was not impressed with him last night...maybe a bad game for him but in my opinion he did not look good.
Woody: Yes, I rarely if ever get to see the Chargers play and was also disappointed in Herbert... compared to all the good things most people generally say about him. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Trench

Quote from: Giant Obsession on October 17, 2023, 01:11:16 PMBob you are dead on.

There seem to be a lot of coaches who have no "feel" for a game beyond the scoreboard.

I have yet to figure which one we have though after Sunday the scale has shifted somewhat.  Seems to me that these HC need a "bench coach" (baseball term i.e. Don Zimmer for Joe Torre).  They are just too submerged in too many other aspects of the game on game day.  Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more with this assessment.

Zimmer was the key to Torre.
Daboll screwed up the clock management at the end of the half SO bad and he also allowed the QB to take all the blame. He himself cost us 12-17 seconds with his indecisiveness.

I thought he had tech people upstairs on staff who were supposed to help with all this.

They're probably hanging out with the "Sports Science" bunch.

It's amazing what we were told in preseason vs what is truth today

katkavage

Quote from: Woody on October 17, 2023, 02:54:43 PMNot sure about the Jones thing ...but with all the hype from some on this site about Herbert...I was not impressed with him last night...maybe a bad game for him but in my opinion he did not look good.
SD coach is a goner after this year.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on October 17, 2023, 05:46:18 PMSD coach is a goner after this year.

Definitely a year too late and in my opinion two years too late. It was very apparent in the week 18 play-in game shootout loss to Vegas that he had no idea what he was doing.

T200

Quote from: Giant Obsession on October 17, 2023, 01:11:16 PMBob you are dead on.

There seem to be a lot of coaches who have no "feel" for a game beyond the scoreboard.

I have yet to figure which one we have though after Sunday the scale has shifted somewhat.  Seems to me that these HC need a "bench coach" (baseball term i.e. Don Zimmer for Joe Torre).  They are just too submerged in too many other aspects of the game on game day.  Just my opinion.

You bring up an interesting point. We didn't have this problem last season. Kafka was clearly calling the plays and Daboll was clearly the HC.

Earlier this season, there were questions about who is actually calling plays. With the time management issues bearing out lately, I wonder if it has something to do with Daboll being more active/involved in the play calling that he's losing the overall feel for the game.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: