News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Sort of an update on Jones

Started by MightyGiants, October 17, 2023, 12:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Daniel Jones to
@UpAndAdamsShow
 on why he didn't play on Sunday: "Obviously still dealing with some of the symptoms from it." He declined to get into specifics, although he told NBC's Melissa Stark on Sunday that he's feeling pain on the left side of his neck that is causing symptoms into his left shoulder.

Jones said he's doing everything he can to heal up and prove to the doctors and trainers that he's ready to go.
11:58 AM · Oct 17, 2023
·
 Views

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1714310001223704773?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

madbadger

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 17, 2023, 12:10:31 PMDan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Daniel Jones to
@UpAndAdamsShow
 on why he didn't play on Sunday: "Obviously still dealing with some of the symptoms from it." He declined to get into specifics, although he told NBC's Melissa Stark on Sunday that he's feeling pain on the left side of his neck that is causing symptoms into his left shoulder.

Jones said he's doing everything he can to heal up and prove to the doctors and trainers that he's ready to go.
11:58 AM · Oct 17, 2023
·
 Views

https://x.com/DDuggan21/status/1714310001223704773?s=20

Between his first neck injury and this one Jones is playing with fire. I get the money involved and the passion for the game but I beginning to wonder if it's in his best interests to retire before he suffers an injury that can't surgically be corrected. The fact the Giants have brought in quarterbacks tells me the injury is more significant than anyone is letting on. How much more significant I have no idea.

Giant Obsession

No way, repeat NO WAY Jones plays Sunday.

Start DeVito and let Tyrod play back up.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

MightyGiants

Quote from: madbadger on October 17, 2023, 12:49:15 PMBetween his first neck injury and this one Jones is playing with fire. I get the money involved and the passion for the game but I beginning to wonder if it's in his best interests to retire before he suffers an injury that can't surgically be corrected. The fact the Giants have brought in quarterbacks tells me the injury is more significant than anyone is letting on. How much more significant I have no idea.

As someone who tends to focus on injuries, neck injuries for QBs are relatively rare.  I remember Payton Manning suffering a serious neck injury, but that is the only one I remember outside of Daniel Jones.

I tend to agree, that two neck injuries are not ideal.   Even the mechanism of the last neck injury was worrying.  It's not like the hit was particularly viscous or unusual.  The fact that it's caused him to miss time is troubling.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Obsession

I think neck injuries, like almost any football injury can have a cumulative effect.

In last years playoff game versus Minn. Jones did a QB plunger on 3rd or 4th and 1 late in game.  Someone came over the top of our center and really did a job on him jamming his neck.  I was shocked he stayed in.   I will try and find it and post it here.  It was gruesome.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Woody

with Ronnie Barnes standards Jones may not play again this year

spiderblue43

Quote from: Woody on October 17, 2023, 02:56:03 PMwith Ronnie Barnes standards Jones may not play again this year

That's an injury forecast not so crazy. :crazy:

kartanoman

An injury involving the cervical spine, the spinal cord and vertebral arteries contained within it is no joking matter and numbness is a possible sign of a nerve being compressed. If he ends up requiring a type of cervical spinal decompression surgery, the chances of him playing again are questionable at the very best.

It's not a good situation and I hope and pray for him that it doesn't come to that as any procedure on your spine is playing Russian Roulette.

Wishing only the best for Daniel Jones.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

nicky1000

I hope this isn't David Wilson 2.0